1. samuset's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Sublime. Descent into a colonial hell (and, after the end, ascent, hopefully).

2. fostrethepeoplo's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

a movie that has a different portraiture about zombie & i enjoy it - 3.5

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

For Halloween, a trick-or-treat bag of deceptively complicated themes: the idea of ugly history (personal and otherwise) as a zombie that's no longer living but not yet dead; and the idea of white colonists succumbing to the culture they try to colonize. It's not the perfectly stacked triumph of Cat People, but it's Lewton's second best, and a sign of how much he wanted to ponder, even if not in an organized way.

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Puts other zombie films to shame.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Dans le genre et sur la thématique, ce qui s'est fait de mieux et de plus fin... www.cinefiches.com

6. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Una atractiva historia que contiene muchos temas oscuros sobreentendidos. Es decir, es de esas películas que se cuida mucho del veto, sin embargo, es desvergonzada al invocar tópicos perversos. Vudú, traición fraternal, asesinatos, necrofilia? La muerte como un tema que redunda. Tiene además un gran manejo técnico de la luz. El filme de Tourneur se figura como una proyección de lo gótico, surreal y expresionista.

7. Joel's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Grateful for this discovery. And perhaps the awareness it drew towards the idea of poetic horror. This being my second Tourneur, I instantly was won by his strange eloquence and atmospheric layering. The concepts he shapes could so easily fall into schlock and bore but instead have this sensational dignity to them. The images linger and the scenes are shrouded in enough mystery that you cannot completely escape.

8. Kortirion's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

The characters and events depicted in this photoplay are fictional. Any similarity to any persons, living, dead, or possessed, is entirely coincidental.

9. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

10. Aardsy's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Great atmosphere, but lacks emotional connection.

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

12. Terry_Moby's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

A film like a dream. Moreover, an American non-racist, non-sexist film about a woman in the Carribean...Tourneur was a gentle master indeed.

13. Dada Kubin's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

More a drama in a spooky setting and with a gothic feel than a straightout horror film. Tourneur’s film offers a surprisingly (for me anyway) balanced view of voodoo even when it has the “necessary” horror zombie folklore, and it’s also well aware of the historical context which it treats with some respect. Enchanting if not chilling movie.

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Really great atmosphere and visual style. Still holds up despite its age.

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Probably my favorite Lewton film, even would put it above Cat People. Just has such a mysterious feel throughout the whole feature. Really draws you in to another world. Love it. Essential

16. Andrew Miller's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Learned about this in the first book I ever bought on movies, one of those 80s "Best Video Films" jobs, from the local TG&Y. It turned out to be more beguiling and mysterious than advertised.

17. Nick Schwab's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Equal parts beautiful and classy, and underwhelming and dull. While elegant, with the photography capturing a great sense of atmosphere, and the dialogue being oh-so eloquent, it only emotes on a basic level. I often wanted to like this more, but I find it rather bland and tepid in engagement. Even as a pure melodramatic drama, with rather downplayed interaction, it should be more elevated in its dramatic tension.

18. HSBilly's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

nightmarish silent performances

19. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

The atmosphere achieved by Lewton and Tourneur on a small budget is so poetic you might think that Cocteau was sitting in on the planning meetings. Edith Barrett was the first Mrs. Vincent Price, by the way. She gives a sensitive performance.

20. Des Horne's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

21. Onbestendig's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

22. AKFilmFan's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Creepy in it's atmosphere & economical in it's storytelling, Tourneur's melancholic film is bleak & tragic. But it's not too bleak for it's nurse & her love interest, who spend most of the film wondering about their pain & frustration. And that unexplained aspect, along w/ the cinematography, make the voodoo scenes standout. It may not top Cat People but this Caribbean gothic zombie film is certainly interesting.

23. Gonçalo Mata's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

This film haunts every fibre of my being. howl howl sweet moon sugar and corn, island drums i walked with a zombie trough crossroads -Halt! Care-Four humming humming sabre dances twisting strings euthanasia and effigies dreams unwind love is a state of mind

24. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Unique and chilling, just what i like!