1. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Puts other zombie films to shame.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Dans le genre et sur la thématique, ce qui s'est fait de mieux et de plus fin... www.cinefiches.com

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Una atractiva historia que contiene muchos temas oscuros sobreentendidos. Es decir, es de esas películas que se cuida mucho del veto, sin embargo, es desvergonzada al invocar tópicos perversos. Vudú, traición fraternal, asesinatos, necrofilia? La muerte como un tema que redunda. Tiene además un gran manejo técnico de la luz. El filme de Tourneur se figura como una proyección de lo gótico, surreal y expresionista.

4. Joel's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Grateful for this discovery. And perhaps the awareness it drew towards the idea of poetic horror. This being my second Tourneur, I instantly was won by his strange eloquence and atmospheric layering. The concepts he shapes could so easily fall into schlock and bore but instead have this sensational dignity to them. The images linger and the scenes are shrouded in enough mystery that you cannot completely escape.

5. Kortirion's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

The characters and events depicted in this photoplay are fictional. Any similarity to any persons, living, dead, or possessed, is entirely coincidental.

6. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

7. Aardsy's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Great atmosphere, but lacks emotional connection.

8. Loud Rocks's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

9. Terry_Moby's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

A film like a dream. Moreover, an American non-racist, non-sexist film about a woman in the Carribean...Tourneur was a gentle master indeed.

10. camille's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

More a drama in a spooky setting and with a gothic feel than a straightout horror film. Tourneur’s film offers a surprisingly (for me anyway) balanced view of voodoo even when it has the “necessary” horror zombie folklore, and it’s also well aware of the historical context which it treats with some respect. Enchanting if not chilling movie.

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Really great atmosphere and visual style. Still holds up despite its age.

13. SpacePirate's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Probably my favorite Lewton film, even would put it above Cat People. Just has such a mysterious feel throughout the whole feature. Really draws you in to another world. Love it. Essential

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Learned about this in the first book I ever bought on movies, one of those 80s "Best Video Films" jobs, from the local TG&Y. It turned out to be more beguiling and mysterious than advertised.

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Despite its great beauty, I Walked With A zombie has little dramatic emotion. It's elegant in veneer: the photography captures a great sense of atmosphere, like in the sugar cane fields scene, and the dialogue is eloquent. Yet, it's only a dressed up melodrama that leaves you with nothing to think about. As for all its class in acting and mood, the central story feels trite and emotes only on a basic level.

16. HSBilly's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

nightmarish silent performances

17. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

The atmosphere achieved by Lewton and Tourneur on a small budget is so poetic you might think that Cocteau was sitting in on the planning meetings. Edith Barrett was the first Mrs. Vincent Price, by the way. She gives a sensitive performance.

18. Des Horne's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

19. Onbestendig's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

20. AKFilmFan's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Creepy in it's atmosphere & economical in it's storytelling, Tourneur's melancholic film is bleak & tragic. But it's not too bleak for it's nurse & her love interest, who spend most of the film wondering about their pain & frustration. And that unexplained aspect, along w/ the cinematography, make the voodoo scenes standout. It may not top Cat People but this Caribbean gothic zombie film is certainly interesting.

21. Gonçalo Mata's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

This film haunts every fibre of my being. howl howl sweet moon sugar and corn, island drums i walked with a zombie trough crossroads -Halt! Care-Four humming humming sabre dances twisting strings euthanasia and effigies dreams unwind love is a state of mind

22. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Unique and chilling, just what i like!

23. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

No se compara con La Mujer Pantera, aunque es superior a El Hombre Leopardo. Hay escenas estupendas (la conversación entre Paul y Betsy en la embarcación que los lleva a San Sebastián, la caminata nocturna por los cañaverales y el encuentro con Carrefour)

24. John Sammis's rating of the film I Walked with a Zombie

Jacques Tourneur's best film by far.