1. FISCHER's rating of the film I Want to Go Home

Resnais s'enfonce vraiment dans le tâtonnement cinématographique le plus bancal et le plus agaçant... www.cinefiches.com

2. Jason's rating of the film I Want to Go Home

One of my favorite movies. Jules Feiffer is my main man. Alain Resnais works best w/ material that cuts against the grain of his self-seriousness. But it's serious. Dead serious. And funny. There is pathos. I love it so much. Why can't movies throw concepts into play w/ such bemused dexterity w/ more regularity? Nobody wants to gamble on a perfect lark. I Want to Go Home is an absolutely perfect lark.

3. Karthik's rating of the film I Want to Go Home

An underappreciated masterpiece: a grand collage of cultural clichés that triumphantly transcends its simple parts with exquisite tonal control. A film about death (of a career, of a vision of oneself) & memory (it IS Resnais!), I find its self-conscious in-betweenness (France & America, musical & cartoon, the ideal self & the empirical self) immensely liberating, & yes, tearjerking.

4. T. J. Harman's rating of the film I Want to Go Home

This underrated Resnais is many things: a satire of relations between Frog & yank cultures/a family drama/ a tribute to early US comics.

5. Peter Rinaldi's rating of the film I Want to Go Home

A strange and marvelous work. Have never seen anything like it.