1. josé neves's rating of the film I Want to Live!

35mm. There was Yôko Tsukasa and Hideko Takamine in Mikio Naruse's "Midaregumo" and Midareru", and Yumeji Tsukioka in Kinuyo Tanaka's "Chibusa yo eien nare"/"The Eternal Breasts". Now, in that place, where all adjectives are in the superlative, i have among them, Susan Hayward, in one of the most iridescent performances by which my tears have run. Along with her, Wise with a superlative cinematographic construction.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film I Want to Live!

The best movies have exclamation points.

3. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film I Want to Live!

The Camus and (bookending/repeated!) Ed Montgomery onscreen-title commentaries are superfluous; the two dignitaries would've been much better left to say their piece from outside the celluloid itself. But otherwise, some very fine stuff -- more CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE/SET-UP Wise than SOUND OF MUSIC WIse. The courtroom bit(s) is/are...courtroom bits, perhaps a bit more precise/intense than usual.

4. Severus Snape's rating of the film I Want to Live!

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film I Want to Live!

6. FISCHER's rating of the film I Want to Live!

Attention, chef-d'oeuvre ! www.cinefiches.com

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I Want to Live!

Not a good film. Wise was capable of much better and Hayward was way past her prime. The subject, however, is compelling.

8. Erdinc Sivritepe's rating of the film I Want to Live!

9. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film I Want to Live!

"If you compare Dance With A Stranger with I Want To Live, you realize how poor a movie the British one is." - Quentin Crisp "I like the film history of Los Angeles, and I'm constantly searching for the smogginess and dim-light of those old films... Susan Hayward in Smash-Up, or Susan Hayward in I Want To Live..." - Morrissey

10. Gabriel Faucher's rating of the film I Want to Live!

Everyone should check out the Mr. Big police operation made in canada and usa !

11. cinemaofdreams's rating of the film I Want to Live!

It may be melodrama but it still packs a punch.

12. Richmond Hill's rating of the film I Want to Live!

An odd mix of blowsy melodrama and detailed execution procedure. Rather camp in retrospect - Hayward's perm and make-up remains intact regardless of mounting prison life - but it's essential libertarian message remains true.