1. lukas's rating of the film I Want to Run - The Toughest Race in the World

Die Musik ist eine Katastrophe! Wirkt wie ein Hopserlauf!

2. Chris's rating of the film I Want to Run - The Toughest Race in the World

Langweilige Ästhetik (keine), wenig Charakterzeichnung, kein Spannungsaufbau. Mittelprächtige Fernsehproduktion? Und bitte, bitte, MUBI, tut doch Untertitel drunter, wenn Menschen in fremden Sprachen reden.

3. henningninneh's rating of the film I Want to Run - The Toughest Race in the World

being a long-distance runner, i had a special interest in the topic. (not to belittle the great accomplishments, but it is interesting how unappeal ultra-running in fact is athletically.) as a documentary film, this was weak. we learn little about the persons and their motivation, the narrative utterly fails to build tension, the photography is as humdrum as a 12 hour run, and the score is nerve-wrecking.

4. Stefan Drees's rating of the film I Want to Run - The Toughest Race in the World

Why the hell does Hasenberg use Electrotango for this kind of film? It doen't work in the least and is so annoying (especially if badly produced like in this case). The runners are really likeable and it's entertaining to see their story, but sometimes the narration is just boring. All in all the documentary looks a bit amateurish in many aspects.

5. Tonka von Hasenkampp's rating of the film I Want to Run - The Toughest Race in the World

Interesting story (in theory) BUT 1. ANNOYING MUSIC: 90% of the soundtrack is electrotango: too much 2. BAD CAMERA WORK: jittery, blurred, weird shots that contentwise & aesthetically make no sense. I know it's all about authenticity, but come on! 3. HORRIBLE SOUND: some interviews are recorded in places with lots of background noise & then played when the person runs in a quiet landscape WTF?! 4. BORING STORYTELLING