1. petit astronaute's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Revisit: it never ceases 2 surprise me how much this film is characteristic of late Hawks. Plot advancement does not commence until 40 minutes into the film. Those preliminary minutes are committed 2 an almost nonfictional representation of the way playful hostility & enmity provoke tenderness & compassion. The factual solemnity of postwar Germany encompasses all of this slapstick, these comedic/romantic diversions.

3. Ethan's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

This is a comedic gem that features a hilarious Cary Grant in drag, what more could you want in a comedy?

4. FISCHER's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Trépidante comédie de Hawks où figurent quelques scènes d'anthologie. www.cinefiches.com

5. nessmj's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

6. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

A strong 2 1/2 stars. Unfortunately the film lulls at one point, and never really soars, but it's generally entertaining.

7. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Not a Hawks great, but I still enjoyed it!

8. Brendan's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

While a lot of the comedy falls flat there's a certain pathos imbued into Grant's every movement that adds a sublime layer of feeling and depth to everything he does. This accumulation of post-humiliation reactions and details adds up to far more than a punchline could.

9. João Eça's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

10. film_lies101's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Pacing is off for a screwball comedy, but there are enough delights to warrant a viewing

11. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Funniest thing about it's the title.

12. Sofia's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Cary Grant in a skirt. Priceless!

13. Matt Reddick's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride

Almost a screwball comedy, but the pacing was way off. I did laugh out loud several times but this was disappointing.

14. Hisham Teymour's rating of the film I Was a Male War Bride