1. José Neves's rating of the film I Was in Lisbon and Remembered You

A film that pretend to be revealing should find something in its elaboration that goes beyond its mere practice of justification. To expose means to see and it should be with a construction of a look at something. This film is of a confusing simplicity: meaningful platitude, irrelevant form, absence of a will beyond the will that originated it. I'm not discussing its "goodwill" but its concretization.

2. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film I Was in Lisbon and Remembered You

While I appreciate the nobility of its intentions and social critique, I can’t quite approve its execution. The use of non-actors is interesting, but when it’s employed through long expository passages of endless text and paired with a strangely polished aesthetic, it loses much of its immediate power. Instead of the impact of neorealism we have the undeveloped mediocrity of a Stanley Kramer prestige message picture.

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film I Was in Lisbon and Remembered You

A surpresa da Competição Nacional. Estive em Lisboa e Lembrei de Você é filmado com tanta franqueza quanto cabe na câmara. Com recurso a não-actores nativos das respectivas cidades, a dupla narrativa forma um espelho: O Brasil de cores e pessoas quentes e a Lisboa bruta e soturna. As pessoas são reais, desde as imperiais nos cafés até às "brasileiras" do Intendente e os dealers do Rossio. [cont.] ||| IndieLisboa16