1. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

An intimate yet far-ranging post-Soviet road movie by an Estonian director, filmed in Russian, with Kazakhstan as the destination. Captures the fatalistic and melancholy outlook of orphans who are left to fend for themselves. Polina Pushkaruk adeptly anchors the movie as the somber ingénue; Victoria Lobacheva, as her ragamuffin sidekick, captures both the chaotic anger and sad naivete of a child hungry for affection.

2. tenebrae's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

At some moments it was too dramatic. But still, this film managed to make me feel something.

3. Celeste Parcell's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

It moved me to tears. I don’t think you can fully understand what emotions the girls went thru as orphans. You never really trust that you are loved. You didn’t grow up in a secure home knowing your parents were always there for you. No one was, So you try to keep your distance and not let your guard down. It was hard to watch at times because it rings true to more people than you think. Yes, they needed each other.

4. Richard Tines's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

I'm gonna wait to watch this one till after the, you know,,,

5. David R Williams's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

A somewhat pedestrian story more than worth watching for the performances of Pushkaruk and Lobatcheva and for the scenery. Have to admit, I got a bit misty at the end.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

Nothing very profound or new here, in fact it's rather predictable. But the performances by the girls are very good, and engaging emotionally. A mainstream Russian drama, better than a mainstream American one anyway. 3.5*

7. Matt Reddick's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

Unsteady third act coupled with a corny soundtrack, misses the mark for me.

8. Saar's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

An excellent film about a journey.

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

3.5 An unusual take on the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale. Found Anya's naivete as a lovesick grad student unbelievable, given her strong personality in orphanage high school where she has no problem saying "I changed my mind." Beautiful scenery. Devastating tragedy. Christine is a trying personality, but she helps get Anya to Grandmother's house. Not so sure it's good for Anya to revert to an even younger age!

10. Fab S's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

Très beau film sur l'amitié féminine, la solidarité et la lutte contre la solitude

11. David Danforth's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

This was a very classy movie. Every technical element was well executed. The story is gripping.

12. Slappy McGee's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

A movie that rises above its own trappings of a coming-of-age, buddies-on-the-road, genre film. It's an emotional character study that pulls no punches in showing the trials of these young girls, one running from the law, and one running from life. It's somber and full of hardship and pain, but ultimately offers a look at what redemption might look like. It's a tough watch, but one that is certainly worth it.

13. DestDest's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

Anya made some terrible decisions, but this movie was highly entertaining once it reached the orphanage. Everything before that was pretty boring. Overall, a nice exploration of familial love with a few emotional gut punches

14. Cassandra Jiskoot's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

The cinematography was beautiful. The desaturation of the city, contrasted by the warmth and color of the ending set the tone perfectly and helps you sink farther into the world of the characters. The colors grow and change as the characters do. The camera also uses tricks to make you believe one thing until you find out the truth later. An absolutely stunning example of how the camera can change the whole feel.

15. BatDaddi's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

Polina Pushkaruk knock it out da box !!!

16. Wyatt69's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

An excellent film! Ilmar Raag truly told an ultimately heartwarming tale of friendship and its legacy. The film also incorporates intriguing symbolism and fascinating motifs that reflect two orphans' yearnings as they wander far from home. Raag also uses seasonal change that galvanizes auras of either isolated, cold hopelessness or warm charming springtime havens. This is a well-flowing story packed with formalism.

17. Korial's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

18. dotvom's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

This heart wrenching and beautiful film features emotional and powerful dialogue and acting, along with a moving score. The viewer develops love for the two girls as they journey across Russia together. IImar Raag’s film moved me to tears.

19. Jeremy Chao's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

20. findfilm's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

An appealing tale of two orphan girls hitch-hiking across Russia but threatened and failed by men along the way is ultimately and ironically let down by the male director. The young female actors largely deliver on a potentially heart-breaking story but the director's insistence on the focus on his skills in the choice of settings, lighting and music leads to a want to remain detached from the film's core drama.

21. Jacky Sawatzky's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

amazing! words have left me.

22. Laura Suffield's rating of the film I Won't Come Back

This film is so sad and poignant it should come with some sort of a health warning! I found myself sobbing out loud on at least three occasions. The two principal actors are outstanding, particularly Vika Lobachova as the younger girl.

23. marco's rating of the film I Won't Come Back