1. Francisco's rating of the film Icarus

2. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Icarus

Could've worked better without those Orwell quotes, but it's a good film nonetheless

3. Disa's rating of the film Icarus

4. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Icarus

Very inconsistent in style but well constructed. It exposes clearly the evidence while maintaining interest in those involved. I think it could have completely skipped Folger's experience with doping, just mentioning it would have sufficed.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Icarus

Whilst the variety of Lance Armstrong related cautionary tales and documentaries is now into double figures, 'Icarus' manages to steal the show by cataloguing the journey of a willing athletic subject to take EPO and monitor its performance enhancing effect. The results and implications are astounding.

6. Dirk Geurs's rating of the film Icarus

Stylistically this movie is all over the place. But the revelations are so impactful that it still makes for a great watch. It could have lingered a bit longer on some pivotal moments if you ask me.

7. anarresti's rating of the film Icarus

[huge spoiler] Wow, that was inespected! (For me, at least, I always try to watch films with as little information as I can, and I did not even know until it was over that it had an Oscar nomination). This starts as a doc with a Super Size me approach, for doping. And then becomes a Snowden scenario. It deals very well with the magnitude of the events, as they unfold. This is great cinema and an excelent document.

8. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Icarus

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Icarus

10. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Icarus

A nation's corrupt pride goes under the microscope in this documentary thriller fit to be an adaptation of a dystopian novel. I was hooked from the beginning and outraged by the end in this investigation of Russian doping in the olympics.

11. FCC 86's rating of the film Icarus

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

12. shelbywelldone's rating of the film Icarus

13. R's rating of the film Icarus

The set-up of the film is bullshit: Bryan never explains the substances he takes, their effects, and their mode of acquisition. Plus amateur events DON'T test for PEDs & Bryan already knows this. Interesting movie about a massive political cover-up, but you're absolutely wrong if you think it's just the Russians who have state sponsored PED use.

14. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Icarus

An almost in-credible journey of a film. Driving forwards with such pace that you barely have pause to question the film's more baffling turns. No sooner have you had a chance to say "what about?" than the film takes another crushing twist. Never has a doc encapsulated the term "well that escalated quickly" quite so wholeheartedly.

15. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Icarus

dragoaneee nu mai lua performance-enhancing drugs

16. S Campbell's rating of the film Icarus

What starts as a simple interest in sports doping blows up into one of the biggest scandals of recent sporting history

17. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Icarus

I almost didn't want to watch because I'm not really interested in sports, so why would I watch a doping documentary? But my partner and a friend kept insisting, so I did. it's not about sports at all. It's about politics. And it's a damning, frustrating account of the events surrounding the Sochi Olympics, that show the bigger tragedy of Russian corruption behind. Even being from Russia, I learned a lot.

18. BobbyTee's rating of the film Icarus

This is crazy! Trust no one......seriously hope to see more truth seeking documentaries like this in the future. I Really would love to see the truth behind the whole cancer cure organisation. Something's rotten, i think.

19. Raf Linmans's rating of the film Icarus

An unsettling look at decennia of Russian dopingpractices, WADA incompetence and fraudulent sports. But what a character, Grigory Rodchenkov, i'm a fan!

20. angelicidea's rating of the film Icarus

It is interesting to see how the film the director started morphed into something bigger and completely different by the end.