1. Diderot's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

A smart and moving documentary about radical activism and the absurdity of equating vandalism with terrorism.

2. Anna's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Interesting documentary that presents the ELF from multiple angles, and while I can understand their anger, it's obnoxious that they can't swallow the fact that their actions constitute as terrorism, regardless if they weren't killing people or swearing their devotion to some crazy religious cause. Extremism is extremism, terrorism is terrorism. Their defensive words were tinged with so much Islamophobia.

3. aubfuscate's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

A mix of facts and story, history and emotion, law and anarchy. What more could you want from a documentary?

4. Weston Campbell's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Fascinating, fair and surprisingly human portrayal of a very gray subject.

5. Diane's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

McGowan's objection to being labeled a terrorist reeked of: 'I'm not like those crazy brown people over there.' It left a bad taste in my mouth.

6. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Daniel McGowan...what a dumbass.

7. _Tyler_'s rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

If you plan to get involved in such activities you must also plan to give up your life BEFORE you get caught. In other words, you must be dead before you begin. Do not tie yourself down. You must be like Stephen Dedalus and choose to go through the world "alone... not only separate from all others but to have not even one friend." Most of all, make this sacrifice *not out of misanthropy, but out of love.*

8. EstherDOliva's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

This film made me cry which is not usually a typical response. This is a must watch on my list.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

I thought Daniel McGowan was a hero until I saw this film and realized that there is something wrong with his brain, Everyone who watched this film online is now on an NSA watchlist. Beware, your computer is watching you and reporting every keystroke to the authorities who will save the information forever. I love Big Brother.

10. Harry Rossi's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

While the filmmaking isn't spectacular, the content is pretty fascinating. I mean, you feel the frustration that these people were feeling towards the disgusting cooperations that seem to run our country. That being said, their methods got to be too extreme, and ultimately pointless, but you really truly get their motives. You also get both sides of the story told well of radicals vs. police. Interesting documentary!

11. codyhunter's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

12. Daniel Iván's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

A powerful overview on the green anarchists philosophy and a powerful material for direct action meditation in anarchist practice. Fantastic.

13. pivic's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Interesting documentary on people who illegally try to change the course of eco-politics (i.e. terrorists), first through democratically and legally OK protesting, but when the law works intrinsically in cahoots with the corporations, what then? Fires. In total, over 1200 attributed to the ELF (Earth Liberation Front). This is a good documentary focusing on some of the ones who were caught in the USA.

14. Kirby's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

I was a bit worried that this would come out like propaganda for ELF, but it showed both sides of the argument well.

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

16. derekgenericc's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

wonderful topic, could have been done so much better

17. Miasma's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Where's Racing Dreams?! It was great!

18. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

the pretension begins with the title

19. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Remarkably even-handed documentary profiles the Earth Liberation Front, a group of eco-terrorists, through the lens of one of their members on trial for arson. Raises interesting questions about what makes a terrorist, and explores the issue from both sides, but falters when it tries to make us feel sorry for a man who is only spending 7 years in jail for something he brought on himself.

20. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

21. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

this was pretty interesting, especially after watching "Better This World"...i like how the directors attempted to really show both sides of the story (like the ELF really screwed up one of their arsons)...but the best comment for the whole film was: arson is a crime, but is it terrorism? i think that's what this film was really about.

22. Christopher's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Interesting... BUT I can't help but feel that it is glorified or will be glorified. We should be sympathizing with these drug addict, extremist fucks? Don't think so. They should've been put in prison for longer.

23. LexiLoo30's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

Very well put-together. Takes an immense amount of material and condenses it through focusing on a single man who is accused of eco-terrorism. Exploration of what "terrorism" is is equally interesting. Thought-provoking, even-handed, and excellent execution.

24. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front

If a Tree Falls is an objective journalistic effort that examines scintillating moral dilemmas. After this film, we still don’t have any clear answers; however, the process of examination is fascinating. Read the rest of my write-up here: http://bostonianonfilm.blogspot.com/2011/07/if-tree-falls-st ory-of-earth-liberation.html