1. vizija's rating of the film Ikiru

2. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Ikiru

c'est la mort dans ses yeux

3. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Ikiru

Beautiful, poetic, inspiring and honestly perfect from beginning to end. If I didn't think already that Kurosawa was a genius (which I did since I saw Seven Samurai for the first time), this movie would be more than enough to convince me. The fact that these two films were directed back to back is just baffling to me.

4. Josh's rating of the film Ikiru

My favorite Kurosawa. So human and lovely.

5. Richard Tines's rating of the film Ikiru

THE carpe diem movie to rule them all....works best when Kurosawa stops letting the characters (or, shudder, the voiceover) editorialize so much, and lets the brilliant imagery (such as the (one of the top 10 scenes of all time) scene of Kenji swingin and singin in the snow)...if you're tired of "it's a wonderful life"'s (artful) hokum, let this film affirmation be your spirit guide....

6. Fabiha's rating of the film Ikiru

"We have to be greedy for life. They say greed is a vice, but that's outdated. Greed is a virtue, especially the greed for enjoying life."

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Ikiru

3-4. It has some blunt edges (like the novelist, Kurosawa's stand-in, or some of the on-the-nose dialogue), and existentialism is still philosophically dodgy, but it's altogether an evocative movie (Love the 'Life is Brief' and 'Happy Birthday' moments), and probably one of Kurosawa's warmest treatments of the human condition. And it's gorgeous; just the lighting here is awe-inspiringly beautiful.

8. tri ...'s rating of the film Ikiru

9. Walker's rating of the film Ikiru

Another humanist masterpiece from Kurosawa. Most other films are embarrassingly lifeless compared to this.

10. Ben Nash's rating of the film Ikiru

11. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film Ikiru

12. dordairobert's rating of the film Ikiru

13. Bertrand's rating of the film Ikiru

Génial film de Kurosawa, tellement actuel et plein de sens y compris en 2017.

14. Théophile Robert's rating of the film Ikiru

If there was one movie to watch, I'd pick Ikiru. It's a lesson about life, ethics, existence. It's inspired by Italian realism and it does better than all of it, surpassing a trend of movies that I consider amongst what's best. It's touching, painful, sad and joyful, and it actually tells you something that can change your life if you understand it. There's no eulogy that'd be enough for Ikiru. Watch it.

15. Léo Lebrun's rating of the film Ikiru

Quand Akira Kurosawa filme Takashi Shimura avec autant de poésie, ça relève du chef d’œuvre. Cette fable lancinante et puissante nous révèle toute la profondeur de l'oeuvre de Kurosawa, oeuvre où les personnages masculins nous renvoient toujours à nos propres failles et nos instincts de vie. Chez Kurosawa, c'est parce que la mort est omniprésente que la vie l'emporte toujours.

16. Ma-rewind's rating of the film Ikiru

Une des plus belles oeuvres de Kurosawa, à mon goût.

17. peli-sopher's rating of the film Ikiru

watched again and again and again.

18. MistaRichard's rating of the film Ikiru

Deeply compassionate story about life and living that is clearly among Kurosawa's best work. Takashi Shimura's performance is desperately distressful, making you actually feel the shortness of time he has as if a rope around your own neck.

19. Tibulle85's rating of the film Ikiru

(Vu en DVD) (3.5/5) Mes attentes ont été déçues par rapport à un film svt décrit comme un chef-d’œuvre. La faute en grande partie à Takashi Shimura: décidément, je n'apprécie pas cet acteur en surjeu constant. La 2e partie du film fonctionne bcp mieux avec l'effacement de son personnage (ainsi qu'un dispositif narratif plaisant). Mais Kurosawa oblige, le film se laisse regarder simplement pour son brio technique.

20. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Ikiru

_ Life is brief, fall in love, maidens...Before our raven tresses begin to fade...Before the flames in your hearts flicker and die...For those to whom today will never return...

21. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Ikiru

THANK GOD FOR AKIRA KUROSAWA AND HIS IMPECCABLE CRAFT

22. FISCHER's rating of the film Ikiru

C'est sublime, étonnant, merveilleux au possible... www.cinefiches.com

23. muh.'s rating of the film Ikiru

Made me glance at the clock more often than I expected it too which hasn't been helped with Watanabe giving me the heebie-jeebies too.

24. yovargas's rating of the film Ikiru

Life is brief. fall in love, maidens before the crimson bloom fades from your lips before the tides of passion cool within you, for those of you who know no tomorrow. B+