1. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Ikiru

Misteri sekali bapak2 yang pake topi di sequence trkhir

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Ikiru

3. The Unwitting Philosopher's rating of the film Ikiru

An unexamined life is a familiar life. We eat, we sleep, we work, we eat, we sleep, and we repeat. But is this all that life is? Akira Kurosawa's "Ikiru" profoundly examines the difference between living and existing.

4. Myles's rating of the film Ikiru

As perfect as everyone says. Intensely humane and challenging. Like Noh, most of the drama occurs off-stage and we're left to witness the diverging, often humorously misguided ruminations of the people left in the room. Everyone has a theory, and like life, they say more about their proposer than their subject. What would you do if your days were numbered? We should probably figure that out before they actually are.

5. dave gunn's rating of the film Ikiru

A profound reflection on life and death, and a scathing indictment of government and bureaucracy. This is one of the most beautiful films I’ve ever seen.

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Ikiru

The tragedy of the movie isn’t so much the inevitable death, but the subsequent confusion over how a man can suddenly change.

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Ikiru

I watched this believing this movie would be mostly about dealing with inevitability of ones mortality but funny enough it has one of the most interesting commentaries on the nature - and failure - of bureaucracy in society. But thats why Kurosawa was such a genius, he gives you so very much Also, it has some of the greatest framing of any of his films, and thats saying alot

8. ninchok's rating of the film Ikiru

Rediscovered Kurosawa with this one.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Ikiru

8.2/10 "IKIRU is an illumining and reverent masterwork, both as a biting social critique and a haunting self-reflective rumination on mortality." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3Km

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Ikiru

60/100 (Abi bu puanlar ne ya. Gerçekten derinlemesine inilmeden bakıldığında güzel bir protesto öyküsü var ancak siz hiç mi filmleri detaylı izlemiyorsunuz? Sadece mesajlara mı puan veriyorsunuz. Bu puan nedir abi yuh be yuh. Dev eleştirilerim yorumda...)

11. jhubbs's rating of the film Ikiru

Cynical & hopeful simultaneously; few have the will to enact positive change, even if everyone would like to. Shimura bounces between great and over baked. 30mins could be cut, many repeat themes. "Happy Birthday" is fantastic, and "Gondola" will make you cry everytime. Famous snow/swing scene is famous. The 'twist' halfway through is neat, as is the 2nd half debate. Bureaucracy critique done well, love the ending.

12. xiaoyue's rating of the film Ikiru

as the last shot fades, takashi shimura's gaze remains indelible. the idea that the threat of death is what gives life purpose is not a new one, but its almost clichéd status does not prevent us from being haunted by it, in this kurosawa masterpiece that has a heartbeat of its own.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film Ikiru

14. Alexander's rating of the film Ikiru

While I haven't seen every film by Kurosawa yet, this one is so far my favorite. It is the most personal film I've seen by him with such a deeply profound message. A film that seeks to remind you that you are alive in such a beautiful and poetic way. One of my favorite films of all time.

15. vizija's rating of the film Ikiru

16. hazalil's rating of the film Ikiru

c'est la mort dans ses yeux

17. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Ikiru

Beautiful, poetic, inspiring and honestly perfect from beginning to end. If I didn't think already that Kurosawa was a genius (which I did since I saw Seven Samurai for the first time), this movie would be more than enough to convince me. The fact that these two films were directed back to back is just baffling to me.

18. Josh's rating of the film Ikiru

My favorite Kurosawa. So human and lovely.

19. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Ikiru

THE carpe diem movie to rule them all....works best when Kurosawa stops letting the characters (or, shudder, the voiceover) editorialize so much, and lets the brilliant imagery (such as the (one of the top 10 scenes of all time) scene of Kenji swingin and singin in the snow)...if you're tired of "it's a wonderful life"'s (artful) hokum, let this film affirmation be your spirit guide....

20. spAce_'s rating of the film Ikiru

"We have to be greedy for life. They say greed is a vice, but that's outdated. Greed is a virtue, especially the greed for enjoying life."

21. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Ikiru

3-4. It has some blunt edges (like the novelist, Kurosawa's stand-in, or some of the on-the-nose dialogue), and existentialism is still philosophically dodgy, but it's altogether an evocative movie (Love the 'Life is Brief' and 'Happy Birthday' moments), and probably one of Kurosawa's warmest treatments of the human condition. And it's gorgeous; just the lighting here is awe-inspiringly beautiful.

22. tri ...'s rating of the film Ikiru

23. Walker's rating of the film Ikiru

Another humanist masterpiece from Kurosawa. Most other films are embarrassingly lifeless compared to this.

24. Ben Nash's rating of the film Ikiru