1. Kortirion's rating of the film Il grido

Easily the best "neo-realist" film I've seen. No surprise given the source.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Il grido

>>> Une admirable réussite ! www.cinefiches.com

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Il grido

Beautiful film about a miserable person. I guess that is why he slaps women around (the little girl, too) because he is a miserable jerk. Why does everyone just stand around and watch while he does it and no one says anything? It's difficult to feel sorry for him but I feel sorry for everyone in this picture. So much misery in post-war Italy produced a lot of great films!

4. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Il grido

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Il grido

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Il grido

10. Emily O's rating of the film Il grido

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Il grido

Never had I seen the moribund heart this beautifully.

12. Jorge Negrete's rating of the film Il grido

La zona liminal entre el neorrealismo y el nihilismo, termina con un grito ahogado.

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Il grido

Historia sobre un hombre abatido. El optimismo parece ser el fantasma de un individuo que abandona su rol masculino (amante, padre) luego de ser abandonado por la mujer que ama. Antonioni pone a deambular a este sujeto sin destino. Será el retorno de donde vino y el punto final alineado a la causa neorrealista.

14. Stevie's rating of the film Il grido

Beautiful images and a surprisingly impressive performance from Steve Cochran with an ending derived from the Italian neo-realist movement.

15. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Il grido

Just like the protagonist I felt all too fed up in the end.

16. James Devereaux's rating of the film Il grido

Wonderful film, simple and beautiful, about the yearning of the human heart.

17. Alex Delarge's rating of the film Il grido

I just picked up the Masters of Cinema DVD from the UK. Great quality with a nice book of essays. Oh, and great film! I've just reviewed it on my blog.

18. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Il grido

19. Scott Barley's rating of the film Il grido

I feel that Il Grido is one of Antonioni's most emotionally-inconsistent films. A shame, because the film is really, really gorgeous.

20. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Il grido

brilliant mix of the neo-realism of the film's era and the direction Antonioni was going later. Beautiful melodrama.

21. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Il grido

Neo-realist content springs into the elegant set-ups and camerawork of Antonioni's later career, complete with the landscapes and architecture brimming behind the characters, telling its own story. From the moment Aldo returns home from his wandering the movie becomes text-book Antonioni. --PolarisDiB

22. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Il grido

Shot mainly in the outdoors,showing how bleak and lonely is the life of the protagonist,who cannot get his life together in post war Italy.Steve Cochran gives a wonderful performance as an Italian native.Powerful.

23. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Il grido

There isn't a shred of sentimentality here, nothing but raw emotions emerge from the desperately gloomy landscapes and the hopelessness of its characters, all fighting to find real meaning in their lives. This is a powerful portrait of isolation and its damaging consequences for those living in provincial settings.

24. Rodrigo's rating of the film Il grido

Mostra a falta de sentido e o sofrimento que fazem parte da vida de um homem quando este se vê separado de sua mulher, que arranja outro companheiro. A fotografia é linda, e a trilha sonora de um piano também. Até os sentimentos do protagonista parecem poético nesta linda e delicada história. Michelangelo Antonioni é phoda!!