1. Diogo Pires's rating of the film I'm Going Home

há muita coisa neste filme curto mas impactante, ternurento em contra-mão (não se fala de velhice assim, Manoel). há um Picolli que se aceita e abrange muito mais que um personagem. há os planos - os sapatos, os quadros no café - em repetição imortalizando não uma figura mas um gesto. envelhecer, saberia Oliveira melhor que ninguém, é talvez nada mais que aceitar.

2. janh24's rating of the film I'm Going Home

3. Edward Morris's rating of the film I'm Going Home

4. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film I'm Going Home

A delightfully warmhearted film. The story eschews any sensationalism which the main catalyst would normally create in a lesser film, with the drama kept firmly on the stage. Gentle humour and finely drawn musings with Piccoli disarmingly charming in lead.

5. PanelSystem's rating of the film I'm Going Home

There's pleasure in watching Piccoli amble through life - his quiet satisfaction at a new pair of shoes. Even the death of his family appears to be handled aimiably. Gilbert is immune to offstage drama and this is a film that prefers to watch an extra unfolding his copy of Le Figaro. John Malkovitch is an implausible villain, detracting from Gilbert's snap - an unexpected, quiet ending that doesn't quite ring true.

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film I'm Going Home

Poignant in its own way, the complexity of an actor in decline well played and outlined, but also deliberately difficult and obtuse.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film I'm Going Home

I see the symbolism, I like the locations but something makes me unconformable in this film, and not in the pleasant way. I think it ii the theatrical nature of the delivery but I am not completely convinced. In short, I was not pusehd away but never felt good about the film.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film I'm Going Home

9. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film I'm Going Home

I didn't enjoy watching this but can tell it is a brilliant film. Another's review has described it as a mediation and that is a perfect description. There is beautiful cinematography and use of sound, the DOP is gifted. I didn't like it for probably all the reasons others love it - the pace and those long sections of the theatre plays, too much. Love watching Malkovich, watching Piccoli though.

10. Kane's rating of the film I'm Going Home

I unfortunately didn't understand or "get" all the symbolism that is said to be present throughout this film but I cannot deny its silent power. This is slow , sometimes dull , sometimes intriguing storytelling.There are no tears , no laughs , just faint smiles and distant stares as our main character questions his life , morality within art and his own poignancy .

11. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film I'm Going Home

I will re-watch it when i will turn 80 years old... (Like the use of multiple angle shots when the characters speaking)

12. Jason's rating of the film I'm Going Home

All leading up to the poetic encapsulation, shot-reverse-shot style, of how hard it is to watch someone go. R.I.P. Manoel.

13. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film I'm Going Home

Quietly observant film that is a demonstration of the wisdom of its' auteur.

14. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film I'm Going Home

★★★★ there is no place like home.

15. Xavier Coronel's rating of the film I'm Going Home

Another beautiful still ruined. Thanks dickhead, that's not even an actual still.

16. Brad Scott's rating of the film I'm Going Home

Beautiful meditation on ageing and being human

17. Joshua Dysart's rating of the film I'm Going Home

18. Edwin N's rating of the film I'm Going Home

Oliveira draws a comparison between Picolli's character and Ionesco's Exit the King, and portrays a man confronted to oldness and new responsibilities as he should take care of his grandson after his parents die. It's a great study of character, and Picolli's performance is superb, probably one of the best of his career.