1. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

The world is different through the eyes of children. Everything is more mysterious, vivid, significant, and (interesting) morally certain. Exploring an abandoned farmhouse in Southern Italy, the protagonist (a fifth-grade boy) slowly discovers a reality more troubling than any nightmare. This type of story has been told many times... but there's a reason for that. We corrupt adults keep needing to hear it.

2. La Foret's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

The created world is beautiful and the beginning of the film gathers big hopes for the entire process of watching. Instead towards the end it did disappoint me because of it's predictability and silliness. But it is worth watching - the cinematography is bewildering.

3. Adam M's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Artful suspense, but an uninspiring plot. The third star is for the cinematography.

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

I loved it! It was incredibly well shot, especially the sequences with the kids playing in the field. For some reason it reminded me of Cinema Paradiso, I'm not sure why. Maybe because they both have similar themes.

5. Landen Celano's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

I want the world around me to always look like Petriccione's photography. This one really took me by surprise. There's something so thrilling about a film that begins in one genre, then reveals itself to be another entirely.

6. Thom Slattery's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Gorgeous film. Stunning cinematography, beautiful score, and a great performance by the young lead make this film really stand out. The mystery/thriller aspect is secondary to the exploration of relationships between children and family, especially in times/areas of great distress. 4.5

7. Honeychurch's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Yawn.. very after school special. found the over-the-top cinematography distracting and staged. Did EVERY outdoor scene need a sprinkling of wildflowers? It's a shame b/c this could have been an interesting movie. Main kid's performance was v good.

8. Nick Potter's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Often times, there is a tendency to make children in film feel far too mature than they actually are. It's so refreshing to see a group of kids still being kids, even if the situation they're in is very adult. The story was executed well, and the child actors were good. Consider this a director I'm interested in.

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

4.5 Very fine movie. Stunning cinematography. Terrific performance from actor playing Michele. Riveting storytelling. Fascinating characters grounded in great specificity. Loved the harvesting machines and the "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" analogy. We are all scared, but some move through the fear to do the right thing.

10. Nan Bauer's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Fine, suspenseful, sad, and ultimately uplifting. The bravery of the children is wonderful, and the performances are never cloying.

11. Lisa Maldonado's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Story is rolled out with impeccable clarity and vision. This film captures both disillusionment, innocence, and love. Watch this one, it is unforgettable in sharing its enduring message. Evocative imagery together with musical motion that capture youthful exhuberance

12. T Mills's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

A strong thrilling story with good performances that is only hurt by often being too beautiful for its own good.

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

This is one of my favorite Mubi's recently. WOW.

14. Gerald Singer's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

An extraordinary political fairytale in beautiful colours.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Very nice job. The kids were good, and the adults sucked. As usual. The ending was poetic.

16. nadine's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

This is a wonderfully considered movie overall. The cinematography is beautiful but not distracting. Christiano plays the lead beautifully. The real star here, though, is the way the story reveals itself to us and to Michele. Very well done.

17. Armando's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

The movie is from Italy not from Spain

18. mpho3's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

"This modest film's most brilliant stroke lies in the boys' dawning realization that while they're ostensibly divided by many things - social class, parenthood, region - they're connected by the possibilities of joy, hungers of youth, power of imagination. The contaminations of adult life confront the fleeting wonder of childhood. It's a film full of striking images and subtle rewards." Bill Gallo, Altweeklies 3.5

19. Claudia Gil's rating of the film I'm Not Scared

Hermosa película. Contrasta el mundo de los niños con el de los adultos. Soberbia la fotografía

20. oooaro's rating of the film I'm Not Scared