1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film I'm Not There

...or the many faces of Bob Dylan. This is a film that can make those who are only mildly interested in the man love him. There is a lot of great music, excellent dialogue and the fact that one use different actors to portrait the artist's many facets is intriguing. Cate Blanchett blows them all out of the water though. Charlotte is again completely gorgeous too - love her legs !!!

2. sebastiaen's rating of the film I'm Not There

An art movie about Bob Dylan. Some parts are as good as the music, some less captivating. 3,7 stars

3. Elisabeth Brun's rating of the film I'm Not There

Great, in so many ways. Well thought out. Daring in its form. Cate Blanchett is a knock-out, in her interpretation of Bob Dylan.

4. Richard Tines's rating of the film I'm Not There

i would write a review of this flick, but i'm stuck on trying to figure out what "twenty pounds of headlines, stapled to his chest" "really" means.....

5. LibertyCapz's rating of the film I'm Not There

A bold (at times bordering on extravagant) and unique biopic on the great folk singer and revolutionary icon Bob Dylan. Enjoyed this one a heck of a lot.

6. Stefan Drees's rating of the film I'm Not There

With this film Todd Haynes did nothing less than re-invent the biopic genre. He replaced the stand hero narration with a fragmentation of Dylan's identity by tracing different myths and discourses which developped around his person and life. In combining this strategy with changing cinematic techniques and stylistic features he created a multifaceted, multipespectivic view on an important artist.

7. gld48's rating of the film I'm Not There

Ledger's and Blanchett's roles are the only thing this movie has going for it.

8. oanagavriloiu's rating of the film I'm Not There

9. ryan brennan's rating of the film I'm Not There

Without a deep and personal connection to Dylan this film likely won't hit the right strings. It's not an easy task to capture Dylan's journey, personality, and memory through film - Haynes takes an audacious and respectable attempt in "I'm Not There." A concept and style that will likely influence many.

10. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett does a good job but that doesn't save this movie from being a total mess.

11. Terri Wise's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett remains a-maz-ing with a capital ING.

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film I'm Not There

The first art film I found for myself and therefore holds a very special place in my heart. With one of the greatest pop soundtracks of all time, of course. The truly brilliant piece of brechtian filmmaking and acting is the Cate Blanchett part in which you have to look at the real deal to see the difference.

13. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film I'm Not There

14. Tiagojeff's rating of the film I'm Not There

15. ap's rating of the film I'm Not There

16. Cheval Tatin's rating of the film I'm Not There

Ledger and Blanchett. You gotta be a fan to get it, though.

17. samuele90's rating of the film I'm Not There

La bellezza delle inquadrature è pari solo al dolore. Ammazzatemi.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film I'm Not There

Came for Christian Bale, stayed for Cate Blanchett and David Cross.

19. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film I'm Not There

20. João Rocha's rating of the film I'm Not There

You need to know Dylan to understand this almost masterpiece. This is not a messy biographic movie, but an homage to Bob life and work.

21. ninchok's rating of the film I'm Not There

"I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature cannot touch with decay." ♡ I kind of regret watching this film, it is just that I'd rather have stayed with what I had in my head about Dylan, but still the film was great, especially the Cate Blanchett parts of it! I think, however, having Christian Bale impersonate Dylan (and making him appear extremely phoney) was the worst possible decision ever.

22. Joao Domingues's rating of the film I'm Not There

23. cinegeek.de's rating of the film I'm Not There

I'm Not There ist der Versuch, die Widersprüche des Bob Dylan zu betrachten, indem der Film ebensolche Widersprüche konstruiert. Nicht ein Schauspieler spielt Dylan, sondern sechs (darunter sogar Cate Blanchett). Vielleicht handelt sichs bei I'm Not There um das erste schizophrene Biopic... mehr auf cinegeek.de http://cinegeek.de/im-not-there-rating-80-dvd7697

24. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I'm Not There

Waaay too personal an interpretation. I kept saying, "No! You have that wrong!" as I was watching. I was down with the Cate Blanchett, though. She got the joker.

← Previous 1 3 4 5