1. Roy Deckard's rating of the film I'm Not There

The songs and Blanchet's performance, although great, were not enough to save this messy movie.

2. blkrchs's rating of the film I'm Not There

3. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film I'm Not There

4. msmichel's rating of the film I'm Not There

Over ten years later Haynes audacious and challenging take on the Dylan myth and persona seems even more powerful, interesting and entertaining. Dylan is represented in a number of 'characters' and played by various actors with astonishing results. For the Dylanologist this is nirvana but perhaps might be a little out there for the casual or non-fan. Exceptionally crafted by the director.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film I'm Not There

...or the many faces of Bob Dylan. This is a film that can make those who are only mildly interested in the man love him. There is a lot of great music, excellent dialogue and the fact that one use different actors to portrait the artist's many facets is intriguing. Cate Blanchett blows them all out of the water though. Charlotte is again completely gorgeous too - love her legs !!!

6. sebastiaen's rating of the film I'm Not There

An art movie about Bob Dylan. Some parts are as good as the music, some less captivating. 3,7 stars

7. Elisabeth Brun's rating of the film I'm Not There

Great, in so many ways. Well thought out. Daring in its form. Cate Blanchett is a knock-out, in her interpretation of Bob Dylan.

8. aurkihnowe's rating of the film I'm Not There

i would write a review of this flick, but i'm stuck on trying to figure out what "twenty pounds of headlines, stapled to his chest" "really" means.....

9. LibertyCapz's rating of the film I'm Not There

A bold (at times bordering on extravagant) and unique biopic on the great folk singer and revolutionary icon Bob Dylan. Enjoyed this one a heck of a lot.

10. Stefan Drees's rating of the film I'm Not There

With this film Todd Haynes did nothing less than re-invent the biopic genre. He replaced the standard hero narration with a fragmentation of Dylan's identity by tracing different myths and discourses which developped around his person and life. In combining this strategy with changing cinematic techniques and stylistic features he created a multifaceted, multipespectivic view on an important artist.

11. gld48's rating of the film I'm Not There

Ledger's and Blanchett's roles are the only thing this movie has going for it.

12. oanagavriloiu's rating of the film I'm Not There

13. cinema_file's rating of the film I'm Not There

Without a deep and personal connection to Dylan this film likely won't hit the right strings. It's not an easy task to capture Dylan's journey, personality, and memory through film - Haynes takes an audacious and respectable attempt in "I'm Not There." A concept and style that will likely influence many.

14. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett does a good job but that doesn't save this movie from being a total mess.

15. Terri Wise's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett remains a-maz-ing with a capital ING.

16. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film I'm Not There

The first art film I found for myself and therefore holds a very special place in my heart. With one of the greatest pop soundtracks of all time, of course. The truly brilliant piece of brechtian filmmaking and acting is the Cate Blanchett part in which you have to look at the real deal to see the difference.

17. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film I'm Not There

18. Tiagojeff's rating of the film I'm Not There

19. ap's rating of the film I'm Not There

20. Cheval Tatin's rating of the film I'm Not There

Ledger and Blanchett. You gotta be a fan to get it, though.

21. samuele90's rating of the film I'm Not There

La bellezza delle inquadrature è pari solo al dolore. Ammazzatemi.

22. James Mackin's rating of the film I'm Not There

Came for Christian Bale, stayed for Cate Blanchett and David Cross.

23. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film I'm Not There

24. João Rocha's rating of the film I'm Not There

You need to know Dylan to understand this almost masterpiece. This is not a messy biographic movie, but an homage to Bob life and work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5