1. oanagavriloiu's rating of the film I'm Not There

2. ryan brennan's rating of the film I'm Not There

Without a deep and personal connection to Dylan this film likely won't hit the right strings. It's not an easy task to capture Dylan's journey, personality, and memory through film - Haynes takes an audacious and respectable attempt in "I'm Not There." A concept and style that will likely influence many.

3. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett does a good job but that doesn't save this movie from being a total mess.

4. Terri Wise's rating of the film I'm Not There

Cate Blanchett remains a-maz-ing with a capital ING.

5. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film I'm Not There

The first art film I found for myself and therefore holds a very special place in my heart. With one of the greatest pop soundtracks of all time, of course. The truly brilliant piece of brechtian filmmaking and acting is the Cate Blanchett part in which you have to look at the real deal to see the difference.

6. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film I'm Not There

7. Tiagojeff's rating of the film I'm Not There

8. Alex Pintică's rating of the film I'm Not There

9. Tiphaine Tatin de Lattre's rating of the film I'm Not There

Ledger and Blanchett. You gotta be a fan to get it, though.

10. samuele90's rating of the film I'm Not There

La bellezza delle inquadrature è pari solo al dolore. Ammazzatemi.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film I'm Not There

Came for Christian Bale, stayed for Cate Blanchett and David Cross.

12. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film I'm Not There

13. João Rocha's rating of the film I'm Not There

You need to know Dylan to understand this almost masterpiece. This is not a messy biographic movie, but an homage to Bob life and work.

14. ninchok's rating of the film I'm Not There

"I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature cannot touch with decay." ♡ I kind of regret watching this film, it is just that I'd rather have stayed with what I had in my head about Dylan, but still the film was great, especially the Cate Blanchett parts of it! I think, however, having Christian Bale impersonate Dylan (and making him appear extremely phoney) was the worst possible decision ever.

15. Joao Domingues's rating of the film I'm Not There

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film I'm Not There

I'm Not There ist der Versuch, die Widersprüche des Bob Dylan zu betrachten, indem der Film ebensolche Widersprüche konstruiert. Nicht ein Schauspieler spielt Dylan, sondern sechs (darunter sogar Cate Blanchett). Vielleicht handelt sichs bei I'm Not There um das erste schizophrene Biopic... mehr auf cinegeek.de http://cinegeek.de/im-not-there-rating-80-dvd7697

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I'm Not There

Waaay too personal an interpretation. I kept saying, "No! You have that wrong!" as I was watching. I was down with the Cate Blanchett, though. She got the joker.

18. Diogo Fernandes's rating of the film I'm Not There

Sendo que a Cate Blanchett é a que fisicamente mais se parece com o Dylan.

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film I'm Not There

First of all, it's for fans. Don't care if you like Godard, Fellini or George Lucas. You've got to know Bob. Said that, it's a homage, a study, a trudy. Not perfect, but close there.

20. spiderliliez's rating of the film I'm Not There

Todd Haynes and his remarkable story-telling, his brilliant actors, and his unique re-telling of a legend's life. But you have to admit the highlight of this all.. would be Cate Blanchett's exceptional performance as Bob Dylan (AKA in the movie John Quinn). She really got down to it and brought the man to life. The entire film can be a little trippy, so make sure you do a little more reading on its characters.

21. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film I'm Not There

22. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film I'm Not There

No one plays with nostalgia like Haynes does.

23. pusemenulio's rating of the film I'm Not There

24. Andrew Hoekstra's rating of the film I'm Not There

Poorly executed stylizations of different film genres, along with jarringly terrible musical moments, destroys any investment in this world. The performance of the actors, especially Kate Blanchett, are good and it's a shame they get bogged down by the haphazard unfolding of the film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5