1. Gökçe Ergün's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

pretty surprised how so many people specify this movie as "evil breeds evil" or "example of pure human evil", this movie is the perfect demonstration of how a victim's of child abuse urge to take control of his life, his self-esteem and his sense of safety by acting out as his abuser and force this re-gained control on him. beautifully shot, highly disturbing, hard to watch again.

2. msmichel's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Fascinating and disturbing film from director Agusti Villaronga that tells a horrific tale about a young haunted man forcing himself as caregiver on a German doctor in exile (a former Nazi who experimented on children in the camps) who revisits the man's exploits turning the insanity upon him and his family. Performances are dynamite especially Gunter Meisner and Marisa Paredes. Not for all tastes.

3. Rory Dunn's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Terrifying. Tense. Tortured. In a Glass Cage takes it's cues from the horrors of humanity, and revels in the revolting. It doesn't hold back or pull punches, but it also doesn't invite enjoyment from it's ideas. It simply presents the world of these characters, the world that is shockingly all around us, and lets those characters and moments play out, without comment, without interjection, and without sympathy.

4. Neil Sch's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

5. Chearth's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

6. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Beautiful as a Caravaggio, and yet without recognizable humanity, to most. Strange, and distressing, to see both these qualities at once. Dream-like in its imagery, but depraved in content. I do not advise investing in this.

7. José Neves's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Although it's Villaronga's feature film, is his third film that i see and the feel repeats itself: it's a filmmaker who dominates the narrative but constantly submits the narration modes to a heavy symbolic and metaphorical figuration that counteract the dryness and immediacy of his best sequences. For example, the murder scene of Marisa Paredes character, a la Argento - a non rhetoric visual delirium.

8. Slow Immersion's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

One of the most unsettling atmospheres/horrors I've ever seen..

9. Adam GR's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

The first act was the best. A mesmerizing character piece for Marisa Paredes, she stuns! The film divulges and is too fetishistic for me. So European but no marrow in the bone.

10. Tiago Inácio's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

unflinchingly bleak atmosphere. disturbing presentation of becoming evil in order to punish evil. the corruption of the soul and destroying innocence. a film that dangles the fine thread of being mere exploitation, but the geniality of its filmmaker elevates its disgusting subject matter to a subversive beauty. haunting...

11. David R Williams's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

One of the most disturbing horror films ever made. Echoes of "Salo", "Night Porter", "Seven Beauties" and Argento's own brand of grand guignol.

12. corycorycorycory's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

What. A. Trip. Definitely one of the scariest movies I've watched in recent memory.

13. Armando's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

It is not comparable to Pasolini's "Salò." Villaronga works within the horror genre, whereas Pasolini transcends it. Yes, Argento is a good comparison. The ending works at the metaphorical level, not a purely narrative one. The girl's transformation is unjustified. Yes, it's about child abuse. I detest, however, the exploitation of the holocaust.

14. caitlin.f's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

one of the most disturbing films i've ever seen.

15. mpho3's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

"Although it is frequently mesmerizing and brilliantly filmed, its aesthetic beauty is unable to disguise its nihilism and black heart. [In a Glass Cage] nevertheless presents one of the only truly effective psychological portraits of human evil on film." - Derek Hill, Images Journal. I couldn't quite get w/ that ending though. 3.5

16. muse_x's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

A Telenovela–gone awry.

17. Soulo_Guero's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

I was mildly surprised that there wasn't hardcore gore as what I had assumed by this film's reputation on the internet and the other films it was lumped with on lists of extreme horror movies. Instead, it is emotional horror (mostly) and the movie is quite well made--it leads you down a dark path that those who empathize with sexual abuse victims can understand.

18. Alessandra N.'s rating of the film In a Glass Cage

19. jchandleroc's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Equal parts SALO and THE NIGHT PORTER; this film examines the inevitably corrupting influence of absolute power and the cyclical nature of abuse. It is aesthetically rather unique in how it embraces and intertwines typical horror elements with its own bizarre, idiosyncratic iconography. Absolutely terrifying in its implications and kept in perfect time by the sick heaving of an iron lung.

20. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

One of the most disturbing films I've seen, but so well done. And so many themes run through it, are we implicit in the crime for watching it? Can we escape our past to change who we are? How do you stop the cycle of abuse?

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film In a Glass Cage

A chilling exploration of the cyclicality of evil. Some impressive filmmaking, but too hellish to EVER watch again.

22. PoorCosini's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

Spoiler alert: dude skeets on tetraplegic nazi

23. skidoc03's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

A movie for the whole family….if your family is 100% demented. A nazi pedo in an iron lung has supposed mentee pedo taking care of him……..well-crafted movie with some twists, but one viewing is enough.

24. Brad Miller's rating of the film In a Glass Cage

The subject matter of the film is truly horrifying, you are set in an uneasy way from the very beginning. I couldn't wait for the film to end. The film carries you in the same darkness with which it placed you from the moment Angelo's motives first emerge. The scenes are dim and dank, only adding to the filthy feelings conjured as the story unfolds. Horrifying.