1. ammar's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

"I was born when she kissed me, I died when she left me, I lived a few weeks while she loved me."

4. hemachandra's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Does Bogart have to play himself in every film of his? I couldn't get beyond the sheer unlikeability of his character. His portrayal of ego-maniacal genius left a bitter taste.

5. Bruno's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

I lived while she loved me, how we cling to self pity when nothing and no one else is to cling to, and how tragic it is that we bring about to ourselves our own misery, and call it art and artistry and tortuous feeling, and how is it that I might write 'I', instead of 'we', for I will take this myth of hopelessness and misery at its word and swallow every frame, and wallow like a pig in my own loneliness, and love it

6. McOpinionated's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Perfectly ok. I liked the incidental scenes at the beginning. 3 & a half. Didn't quite get the sense of this as a truly great noir, but the main characters were good.

7. P D Dawson's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

A wonderful noir thriller that plays with the notion of innocence, guilt and blind love. Just because someone is innocent of one crime, doesn't mean they are innocent of all. Nicholas Ray plays the suspense at a low boil for the majority of the film, letting doubt and fear gradually build up into a frenzy.

8. 'king Harold's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Never negotiate with anger. Prefer Bogey as a hero but enjoyed the bleakness.

9. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Magnífica. Nicholas Ray at his best. Bogart está espléndido en este drama lleno de la tensión psicológica que tan bien supo expresar Ray en Bigger than Life.

10. Maribou's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

On first viewing this smart did-he/didn't-he keeps you guessing to the end with each twist and turn. The dialogue sparkles. Second time around I couldn't get beyond the sheer unlikeability of Bogart's character

11. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

A superb, dramatic nor that stars Humphrey Bogart as a screenwriter prone to violent outbursts. But does that mean he killed an innocent woman? The accusation certainly affects his relationship with Gloria Grahame, with suspicion and tension running throughout the majority of the scenes.

12. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Dark, twisted and yet so glamourous. The precursor to a lot of the modern Netflix drama's about wealthy people, their evils and relationships.

13. Richard Stopford's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

I didn't realise how good this was until the end. By the time I got there, I realised how clever the start was. Must rewatch!

14. DanielSpeight's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

15. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

Pretty sure Bogart never got better material (or was used this well) in his entire career.

16. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

20. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

21. Stanislav Lukianov's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

it's not film-noir, drama about 50's and wrong side of Hollywood

22. Bob's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

What is supposed to be somewhat personal with Bogart's own demons, turns out to be endurable experience on a first watch but with overgrowing flaws on repeated viewings. Main character feels like he was made from cardboard of different personalities, but without believable psychological component. Supporting characters are just people with the mind of a child, especially infantile and disrespectful female lead.

23. A47's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

"He's Dix Steele, and if you want him, you've got to take it all, the bad with the good."

24. James Mackin's rating of the film In a Lonely Place

A beautifully deconstructed noir.