1. Nachtreich's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

2. nico's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

It might take another try for me to fully appreciate everything that happens in this film. There are great scenes, specially the ones that are close to make no sense at all, but overall the result is just confusing and without rhythm.

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

CINEMA, 35mm _ I understand Fassbinder very much as a political act, full of wrath and provocation. The problem is : it does not move me as melodrama. Some great moments, visual innovations and a mood closer this time from Godard as Sirk. The slaughterhouse sequence though, with Goethe and blood everywhere, is to be remembered !

4. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

8/10. Depressing af with some great sequences. Fassbinder makes great use of tracking shoots and conservatively employs close-ups, making them all the more impactful. I struggled a bit with tone throughout as surreal flourishes are interwoven with all-too-real drama. The juxtaposition of the slaughterhouse scene with Elvira's monologue about her past is haunting.

5. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

6. FISCHER's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Une oeuvre intense, personnelle, souvent remarquable ... www.cinefiches.com

7. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

A life haunted by demise and by dreams of death. A woman who does not seem able to break the chains from her past ends up eaten by her lack of present.

8. Diderot's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

This is one of the most beautiful and perfect films ever made. Few works have ever captured the comic/pathetic/tragic/embarrassing terror of existence with this kind of tenderness and frankness.

9. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

10. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

11. EdieEmm's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Perhaps the most saturated film I've seen. Life's tragedy, distilled to a potent melodrama so absolute, so insuppressible that it of necessity finds expression through every outlet - every word, look, angle, frame - & every layered combination thereof. A cinema of anguish. My poor German was a hindrance; the onslaught requires the sort of immersion made impossible with distractions like subtitles. 2nd watch required.

12. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

A man trying to accept himself, his needs and his way to be. People around him trapped in their own small prisons. A whole country trying to cope with guilt, with oppression and with enforced capitalism. Emotional, political, sexual and thinking hybrids clash at so many different levels - what a film!

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

The power of the tracking shot. Possibly Fassbinder's best.

14. Terry_Moby's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

An acid and bitter study in loneliness.

15. El Biffo's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Intensely sad and personal, Beautiful and moving.

16. Stevie's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Insane! What a personal film by Fassbinder. This film confirms the rarely equalled genius Fassbinder had. Attacks capitalism, the bourgeois, injustices and a whole lot else. Spengler is great in one of the most challenging roles I've ever seen. I love the end of the opening credits when it lists all the jobs Fassbinder undertook alongside directing- just shows how personal the project was to Fassbinder. A masterpiece

17. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

18. zsa zsa's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

19. Isabela Samreny's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Elvira is an incredibly tragic figure...so much, that one of the initial scenes between her and Christoph, her recent lover is somewhat embarrassing to watch. The most frightening, yet striking scene of this movie is the one that takes place in the Slaughterhouse. This is my first Fassbinder film, and it's made me curious to watch more.

20. Ицабелла Ађани's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

21. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

I love the very washed-up yet innocent gleam in Ingrid Caven's face as she watches the TV in Elvira's bedroom...

22. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

Fassbinder meets Kafka. This mammoth film attempts to logically depict the devastation of one individual within himself, and as he exists in the world around him. Not often have I seen a film that runs so highly through rationale, so clear-headed through the state of things in the world, and how they affect the individual; Fassbinder gave us everything he knew, and we can only be grateful. Savvy

23. Jason's rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons

The saddest thing (and maybe the least sentimental).

24. Aaron G.'s rating of the film In a Year with 13 Moons