1. smndvdcl's rating of the film In America

'Brooklyn' has become quite the companion piece to this moving drama about Irish poverty in the context of emigration to the US.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film In America

Lo mejor del filme ocurre durante esa escena de los esposos haciendo las pases en su intimidad en medio de una agitada tormenta que por un lado parece refractar el encuentro sexual, pero por otro ser un vaticinio sobre que se acercan momentos que azotarán a la familia. Sheridan desarrolla una historia de drama gratuito pero que a fin de cuentas no desagrada. Al igual que en sus otros filmes, el director retribuye.

3. Diogo Pires's rating of the film In America

4. orangey's rating of the film In America

when you have Spielberg level (referenced even) emotional manipulation and a magical/ mystical negro stock character you know the movie's worthless

5. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film In America

There are great performances here, including the girls, and yet the movie is just one corny melodramatic cliche after another: magical negro, idiotic parents with no money having lots of kids. I know some of the material is anecdotic, and again, i think all the performances were solid, but the movie is stuck on this side of wanting us to feel pity about the characters, instead of respect.

6. S's rating of the film In America

One of my favourite films of all time. Simple story, beautifully shot.

7. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film In America

8. AlexanderKR's rating of the film In America

I'm learning that Sheridan may have quite the taste for melodrama, but to say that that is all there is to his films would be a disservice. All I really know though is that his films don't want to leave my head at the moment.

9. Zissou's rating of the film In America

Luna Park scene is awesome

10. NICOLE86's rating of the film In America

11. comeandsee's rating of the film In America

the film carries on effectively for two thirds, before it explodes into a mixture of tragedy, grief and tears in its final act. while Sheridan may have since been overtaken in the irish film industry by John Crowley, he has a real gift for emotional development. moreover, this is a film about the value of faith and dreaming. only 'terms of endearment' beats the sorrow of this ending.

12. nargs_au's rating of the film In America

very heartwarming film. really enjoyed it

13. aerorun's rating of the film In America

14. Landen Celano's rating of the film In America

If you aren't in tears by the end of this film, send me a message. I want to congratulate you on not having a soul. No, but really, it plays the heart-strings like a skilled harp player.