1. I0000days's rating of the film In Praise of Love

I'm ashamed to admit th'it took me more than 3 years of cinewatching to realize that there's literally no person out there who authentically likes late-era Godard. He is merely an artifice, the vaporwave of cinema; through so-called innovation he revitalizes nothing but campy ideas. This concept of fancily undressed, chopped-and-screwed French movie-making shouldn't pan out well to anyone, no more, not since the 70s.

2. AdrianM.'s rating of the film In Praise of Love

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film In Praise of Love

4. Ethan's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Godard trying to tell us that the director is God.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Infuriating and sublime in equal measure-- I saw it in a nearly empty theater with Godard newbies... The dinner afterwards was certainly interesting.

6. ikkini's rating of the film In Praise of Love

On n'a rien compris à la première partie et adoré la deuxième ! C'est beau et partisan.

7. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film In Praise of Love

Since i « grow up » in decades where cinema is supposing to be '' dead'', i never expected to feel profoundly overwhelming after experiencing a film on a big screen. It happen for the first time last night, and damn (that colors!) i knew it will probably never happen again... Honestly, after three viewing, i cant summarized my feeling for this impossible masterpiece. Maybe i need to read analysis about the film.

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Thoughtful dialectic about the challenge of creating an honest work of art (not much about love), undercut by the unsettling suspicion of Godard's anti-semitism.

9. PleasantGuitar's rating of the film In Praise of Love

The one JLG film I found beautiful

10. Luis Q's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Veo que cada quien comprendió de manera distinta la película. Para mi fue "La Memoria"

11. _OOO_'s rating of the film In Praise of Love

J.R. Past Imperfect -- http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/?p=6190

12. DrewMonge's rating of the film In Praise of Love

The film that ultimately started my obsession with film, and with Godard from a mild obsession. Not one of Godard's most popular films, but to me its one of his master pieces. It has a depth to it thats hard to explain, but emotionally impacting. My #1 all time favorite film 5 stars!

13. Jeremy Moss's rating of the film In Praise of Love

This is exploratory, fly enters mid-scene, collagist, Joycean cinema.

14. Gylfi's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Spielberg receives a black eye from Godard. Priceless !

15. Amin Lumière's rating of the film In Praise of Love

now its usual after any godard film-even though u didnt understand completely,its typical-you whisper this sentence to yourself: Jean-luc Godard IS cinema

16. Howard Orr's rating of the film In Praise of Love

As often with Godard, some to make you bored, a fair bit to make you sad, more than some to make you think, a little to make you smile. Whatever, and this is why he is magnificent and unique, the guy doesn't give a fuck what we think.

17. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Despite some trite anti-Americanism (and anti-Spielbergianism, which is the same thing), this is one of JLG's most evocative, personal, and beautiful films. Godard works through his own personal history (it is his first film in decades to be filmed in Paris, in b&w), larger political history (particularly taking account of the Holocaust), and, as the name implies, a general history of love (the four stages).

18. soiwaswrong's rating of the film In Praise of Love

I don't want to pretend that I understood it clearly, especially the scenes that was shot in black and white... But I like those anti-American remarks, very clever!!.

19. Clara C.'s rating of the film In Praise of Love

20. kyeo's rating of the film In Praise of Love

"they treat life like a whore which they use to improve their existence"

21. André Godinho's rating of the film In Praise of Love

22. REH1101's rating of the film In Praise of Love

Now this is Godard I can get down with.

23. All Is Grace's rating of the film In Praise of Love

24. Sean Keeley's rating of the film In Praise of Love

It does have some interesting ideas and images. But for the most part, this is a rambling mess in which Godard uses his characters as mouthpieces for his own ideologies, letting them pontificate about history and love and America without really saying anything.