1. Nachtreich's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

2. Arrietty's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

begins with you waiting something to happen, but then it grabs you. lovely

3. hemachandra's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

4. nejra.'s rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

the reason i like this movie is because it shows a guy being ignored by nearly every girl he tries to talk to.

5. Monasteries's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

LAURE JE T'AIME/nice guy friendzone tactics that shouldn't be romanticised

6. Kamran's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

A tender film of radiating beauty which draws a formal rhythm to evoke the feel of its principal character's dream state. 91/100 - Amazing.

7. Isaw43sunsets's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

I felt like I was hypnotized during this film.

8. andrew's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

A film about voyeurism that makes you question your own viewing habits. Fantastic film.

9. Eric Rucker's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Huh, only just noticed, many months after viewing it, thanks to the still, that the two leads are obviously twinned. Maybe I need to watch this again. All the glass and reflections, maybe the "Buñuel lite" had more going on and it was me who is shallow and about surfaces, not the film.

10. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

In the City of Sylvia and The Turin Horse are two purest pieces of cinema in the recent 10 years. This guy reminds me of Jacques in Four Nights of a Dreamer

11. Matthew Chuckran's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

This was so weirdly captivating.

12. shimown's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

While the film did not have much spoken dialogue, the interior dialogue was conveyed beautifully, and with economy. It was both mesmerizing and compelling to the end.

13. Tyler Barton's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Nothing much happens in this movie, action-wise - character-wise however, it is off the charts. Lots of beautiful shots of interesting looking streets and alley ways in a very quiet and very charming film.

14. Gryphonix's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

An exceptionally lovely film that also reminds me of walking through the streets in Europe. But how many people who look like supermodels can there be in one cafe or bar? Also, other reviewers are right - maybe this guy is supposed to be edgy, but ultimately he's creepy. Since this seemed to be an attempt to comment on longing and obsession, creepy doesn't quite work.

15. jenesuispasanglais@gmail.com's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

This is a very nice study in the uses of light as well as the many emotions conveyed by the human face. There is not much plot beyond the general idea of searching for something which either has been lost or cannot be found again. I cannot recall being annoyed by foley effects before: The sounds of footsteps intrudes when the quiet sounds of the city could provide a serene background for contemplation.

16. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Don't try this at home boys. I personally like visual narratives and this is a superb example of letting a camera evoke both storyline and plot. Some very effective use of shallow focus and Luis Guerin manipulates images to play with the contours of space. He manages to create a sense of pathos, desire and obsession that takes us, slowly, into this young artists psyche without falling into standard cliches.

17. Joao Domingues's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

18. Mariel Green's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Feels as if Director was practicing interesting cinematography techniques of film master greats to make a better film next time. Enough with shots of people through window reflections-we get it.Don't mind the half page of dialogue that sustained the entire film but interesting shots of beautiful city,girl not enough to to sustain.Positive-relate vouyeristic quality of a traveler/Inability capture+preserve beauty.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

He met some woman in a bar 6 years ago and now he's following women in the street? Get over it, dude. Move on. Get a life. Don't make us watch how stupid you are. This is almost as annoying as AMELIE.

20. tintinmugshot's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Poetical, romantic, sensual and you instantly fall in love with Pilar Lopez, she's just mesmerizing. Fantastic atmosphere, with handful of amazing shots.

21. wesleyfoster@me.com's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Mesmerizing! Truly a film that makes you feel like you are people watching in an European cafe.

22. David R Williams's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

I think The Guardian review said it best when it called this film a "hauntingly enigmatic interior drama of longing". Indeed. Perfectly photographed. Superb sound design. A meditation on the act of looking, the ache of desire, and the disappointment of fulfillment in a city of strangers going about their lives in crowded isolation.

23. muse_x's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

Loved the audio/camera work, though the latter ––at times–– voyeuristic approach made me feel ill at ease at times. Bro might be handsome, but he's a pathetic stalker/creep, who sometimes walked like he was about to poop his pants. Or so it seemed. It also brought memories of my attempts to lose myself in the crowd in Graz, Austria ––during the holiday season in the late 1990s.

24. DilayA's rating of the film In the City of Sylvia

A beautiful piece that requires a lot of attention. Made me feel like I was visiting a gallery, observing a particular painting.

← Previous 1 3 4