1. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film In the Crosswind

Still in movement, the quiet silence of all the people tell us such a intimate story that evolves through the sounds, expresions and a sublime cinematography until the very last words of all those lost voices.

2. Martin's rating of the film In the Crosswind

3. FISCHER's rating of the film In the Crosswind

Malgré un sujet hautement émouvant et historiquement d'une puissante dramaturgie, l'obstiné parti pris de figer systématiquement les personnages dans des plans fixes, la caméra se déplaçant entre eux, certes dans un superbe noir et blanc, engendre un dispositif radical qui à la longue devient fastidieux et même quelquefois exaspérant, reléguant ainsi l'émotion induite souvent au second plan..www.cinefiches.com

4. AVA's rating of the film In the Crosswind

Welch Ausdruckskraft durch Statik der Bilder! Musik,Stimmen und Wahl des Schwarz/Weiß Films sind treffend.

5. Stefan Drees's rating of the film In the Crosswind

It's an intriguing and challenging idea to tell the story mostly through tableaux vivants, words and sound. Like the written text of the letters unfolds in time through the female voice, the tableaux vivants unfold through the excellent camera work and give way to details and different perspectives. Pictures and words are often used as counterpoint or supplement of each other and telling different things.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film In the Crosswind

7. -REM-'s rating of the film In the Crosswind

8. Post Ironic's rating of the film In the Crosswind

Beautiful use of cinematography and photography to tell a heartbreaking tale. The use of tableaux vivants is incredible and makes this film so very moving, even if some might find it frustrating at times. The score is sensual and seductive and ties it all together well. What a debut by Martti Helde. Awestruck.

9. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film In the Crosswind

A masterpiece of photography and camera-work

10. nematomaranka's rating of the film In the Crosswind

at first I really liked the idea of using still images (that reduced the sentimentality and naivety of the story itself) but after about 15 minutes I started to get increasingly bored. and it's sad to be bored by subject as this.

11. Ostermyers's rating of the film In the Crosswind

I woke up in theater. I was into this...so yeah !

12. caddie's rating of the film In the Crosswind

A M A Z I N G ! An absolute must-watch from Estonian contemporary cinema.