1. yovargas's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

The true story of a horrible miscarriage of justice where a family is jailed for murders it did not commit. While that core story is fascinating, the way the story is told felt sloppy, awkward, and unfocused. Though much of it is gripping, by the end I felt more frustrated with the movie than enamored with it. It gets a C+.

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

3. MistaRichard's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

It's a real shame neither Daniel Day-Lewis nor Pete Postlethwaite won Oscars for their splendid performances in this film: not only are they exceptional in their own right, but they also complement each other perfectly.

4. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

5. Levent Güçer's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

6. ssia22's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

7. Andrew Sax's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

8. cinegeek.de's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Our Daily Free Stream: Jim Sheridan - In The Name Of The Father. Man hatte die Guildford Four verleugnet, da dürfte kein Zweifel bestehen. Ein junger ziemlich nichtsnutziger Ire namens Gerry Conlon und drei weitere wurden von der britischen Polizei festgenommen mit der Anklage, ein Pub in Guilford, England in die Luft gejagt zu haben... mehr auf cinegeek.de

9. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Who wrote this screenplay? A 10-year-old kid bullied by a british punk?

10. Helena FW's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Pete Postlethwaite's performance is the solid anchor to Daniel Day-Lewis's (deservedly) manic ferocity; both performances consistently make this film rise above sentiment (which I would have been glad to give anyway, the story filling me with as much righteous anger as it did). Corin Redgrave is marvelously despicable.

11. HSBilly's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

12. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Dont know what is best : Daniel Day Lewis crying, or Emma Thompson s intensity. Both monsters.

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Vista ya por más de una vez, observo con otros ojos esos primeros instantes de la película, sobre el hijo describiendo a modo de narrador en primera persona esos momentos de íntimidad que tuvo con su padre. La descripción de cómo aborda un barco que lo errumbará a su dramático destino mientras se resiste a una cálida despedida, es emotiva si se sabe lo que pasará posteriormente. Además, un gran filme carcelario.

14. harringtonellie's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Myself and my flatmate tend to indulge in the weekly ritual of 'Film Fridays' and our latest visual extravaganza was this movie. I can say truly and honestly that my heart couldn't quite take what it was being subjected too but I was hooked. Haunting and tormented, this is a film I would highly recommend for its historical relevance and sheer genius. (Also, Postlethwaite, what a guy!)

15. Dombl's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Sometimes so hard to see because of the injustice that happens to the protagonists. At many moments the tears are not far away from bursting out of your eyes. Daniel Day-Lewis's performance is just incredible!

16. nein's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

17. Philip Brett's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Pete Postlethwaiths' oscar nominated performance as Guiseppe Conlon

18. CRW's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

19. damlakag's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

in the name of reason,in the name of hope,in the name of religion,in the name of dope!

20. Erhan İzzet Öncel's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

20 Şubat 2014. Adaletsizlik üzerine muhteşem bir film. Ülkemizde son on yılda muhaliflere kurulan kumpasları çağrıştırıyor ve haksızlığa isyan ettiriyor. Son mahkeme sahnesi çok etkileyici. Jim Sheridan'ın The Field ve In America filmlerini de Mubi'de görmek istiyorum.

21. DEVRİM ASLAN's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Muazzam bir yapım, müthiş bir oyunculuk.

22. film_lies101's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

Brilliant filmmaking. Full Stop

23. CafeGradiva's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

24. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film In the Name of the Father

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so THAT'S what U2 was talking about. I get.