1. ijol's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

All the pastel colors and cute hand drawings to balance out the tragedy just makes this film more heart wrenching

2. Tibulle85's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

(Vu en DVD) Le quotidien d'une jeune femme dans le Japon en guerre, du côté d'Hiroshima. Sans être très original, le film sait se montrer émouvant en restant sobre, avec un style visuel bien à lui. Seul le sort de certains perso secondaires (la prostituée, l'ex-amoureux) demeurera assez confus, du fait de traitements "poético-oniriques" bien maladroits. Il faut aussi supporter une héroïne assez bêta dans son genre...

3. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Couldn't believe my luck when I saw that the public-library service Hoopla had gotten this movie. (They also recently added Napping Princess!) So much stunning & subarashii anime cinema these days. Seeing the second world war through the eyes of ordinary people in Japan never ceases to provoke thought, and ITCotW spares no effort on honest storytelling. Recced to everyone.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Marriage, before and after. Hiroshima, before and after. Highly recommended.

5. Elise Stambul's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Drôle et tellement touchant, ce film est un équilibre parfait entre la terreur des bombardements d'Hiroshima et les moments simples de la vie qui nous font nous sentir vivant. Une vraie perle d'animation

6. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

7. Anna's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

I watched this on an airplane and so many feelings, so many feelings, it was good the cabin lights were turned off because I was shaking some times. It's WW II in all its horror and industrial monstrosity and yet humanity remains the center of it all. The texture was beautiful.

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

10. NCMBianchi's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Although it might not shine for its average-scene drawings, it sure has a keen eye in providing amazingly colorful key-scenes. The topics is touching and the rhythm never gets boring.

11. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Beautiful and warm, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry (ok, I didn't cry but I guess it can make some people cry).

12. Matt Richards's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

Just stunning. Such a beautiful, lovingly crafted animation that is possibly the most mature look at war I’ve ever seeing a children’s film. It’s often haunting and heart-breaking but pushes through to inspire faith in this tale of a young woman’s journey through a life in wartime. 4.5 stars

13. petit astronaute's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

14. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

15. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

16. Sarah's rating of the film In This Corner of the World

needed a strong sleep to process all the dense impressions and feelings after I've seen that film. this film is warm and toughtful. 90% are handdrawn.

17. McMurphy's rating of the film In This Corner of the World