1. FISCHER's rating of the film In This Our Life

Second film de Huston qui oscille entre le mélo facile et l'invraisemblance... www.cinefiches.com

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film In This Our Life

I liked the film, if it did feel a bit like other, better films starring Davis as a near sociopath (Little Foxes, The Letter). Huston builds off of his direction in Maltese Falcon and really turns in a nice effort. I just love Coburn. So good at understated comedy. De Havilland is perfectly cast. This melodramatic film packs a punch, and addresses racial issues in a way atypical for early 40s Hollywood. Recommended

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film In This Our Life

Average melodrama so let's focus on John Huston's way to flirt with the Hays code by dealing with incest. I also liked how black people are represented here. Recommended.

4. yasdnil's rating of the film In This Our Life

Entertaining at the very least. Bette Davis portrays yet another jezebel (no pun intended), making the film neither terrible nor special.

5. AKFilmFan's rating of the film In This Our Life

Despite some good performances and an uncommon look at prejudice, the melodramatic story starts to wear you down with aggravation as Davis' hurricane of a protagonist starts to get on your nerves. The moral of this competently-directed 2nd film for Huston: The carefree and selfish life has its costs. And unfortunately so does watching this film.

6. Joseph Judge's rating of the film In This Our Life

It's especially interesting that said black character is the ONLY normal, intelligent character in this confusing, alienating mess.