1. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

This is a movie you probably would enjoy under the influence of hallucinogenics

2. Terri Wise's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

My favorite Kenneth Anger film.

3. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

A mess of visual effects in what seems to be an erotic magical theater with its many strange characters. I feel that the image follow the music instead of the other (or working together). But as always with Anger, this movie is a great ritual of cinema and offer a picture completely free on the form.

4. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

The opening section looks like one of my music films, but without the religious motif. Otherwise a not essential film by Anger with a mix of operatic-theatrical weirdness and freakin' psychedelism.

5. Nachtreich's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

6. -REM-'s rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

8. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

visual album by electric light orchestra

9. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Saw the "Eldorado version" re-cut in 1978. Needless to say, it's an absolute visual stunner !

10. ninfurs's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

pretentiously inspiring.

11. Erik F.'s rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

12. Wasunan T's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

13. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

14. mafaldasalgueiro's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

15. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

One of Anger's very best films and what a soundtrack.... just damn!

16. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

17. bbbbarley's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

I saw this on acid. Need I say more?

18. woperchild's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

19. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

★★★★ no rules in sight.

20. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Ambiciosa puesta en escena de Anger. Una especie de recreación de lo que sería una ópera pagana. No creo necesidad de fabricar argumentos o lecturas. El corto es lo que es: la necesidad de Anger por poner en escena una de las fascinaciones, obsesiones que tuvo desde antes de iniciarse al cine. El ocultismo y las religiones paganas como elementos que interactúan en su línea fílmica: lúdica, fantasiosa, a todo color.

21. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Don't know a lot about Crowley/the occult so most of the symbolism was lost on me but this was a gorgeous short. The colors, the practical effects and the imagery really hold up to anyone open to them. It's inspiring to see something like this done with no money and be this good. Nice to see Anais Nin pop up. Can see how this would be a big influence on Derek Jarman's stuff.

22. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Some of the best color I've ever seen in a movie. The production design, make-up, costumes and lighting in this film was astonishing. That being said, I'm not quite sure I could watch it again soon... I liked it a lot however...

23. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

A Noel Coward-ish comedy of manners sucked through the 7th chakra of Osiris after raiding Gaspar Noe's medicine cabinet--made when Ike had just begun his first 4 year term in the U.S. while in England and Wales there were 1,069 men in prison for homosexuality. An utterly unique and personal art film for the ages. Hail Satan.

24. sister chromatid's rating of the film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

So lush and so perfectly weird. Every couple years I end up showing this to somebody, and am just as arrested by it each time. Marjorie Cameron is a goddess.