1. ermete polpette's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

2. Zac Weber's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

Astounding. Rossellini's fascination with nature feels refreshing, particularly compared to the usual depiction of India as endlessly chaotic. I am very grateful for the amount of work that went in to restoring this beautiful film.

3. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

Holidays break # 22: Holy Grail! Might be the greatest Rossellini work i've ever seen (or Viaggio italia?)! The grainy restoration is beautiful. The genres mixing give a very personal/subjective tone to this film. I hope Pedro Costa and Jean Rouch have seen this masterpiece of ethno-docu-fiction. Fever dreamer. http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.net/2007/08/when-fable-and-fact-interact/

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

i wasn´t convinced from the beginning but it grew in me slowly and silently, almost shy, unlike crowded bombay or wild jungle or capricious river. it has a special ability to turn all that loudness, power and strenght into a quiet meditation.

5. Francisco R.'s rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

It mixes documentary, fable and essay in order to evoke a thousand years of cultural, religious and social history. At the end of the film you feel more in tune with yourself, as it is an invitation to find your own historical roots, to discover your own cultural legacy.

6. yoel meranda's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

and immediate inclination to call it the greatest film ever made, or maybe one of the...

7. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

★★★★ sounds and sights, love and nature of a potential superpower.

8. Andrew Infante's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

Yeah, this is a masterpiece.

9. - -'s rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

Some amazing images in this. I loved the way it effortlessly blended fiction and documentary. I felt bad for that monkey though...

10. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

11. Eliecer's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

The new restoration is phenomenal.

12. Weaving Wave's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

Amazing animals there, especially, elephants!

13. 張大智's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

"I have tried to avoid making a documentary about the exotic, or about traveling. There is an immense difference between cinema-veritè and my documentaries. India Matri Bhumi was a choice. It's an attempt at being as honest as possible, but with a very precise discernment. Or, at least, if there isn't discernment, with a very precise love." - Roberto Rossellini on India: Matri Bhumi

14. Andrei Rus's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi

This movie has a very modern structure, that reminded me of Chris Marker's movies. It has some flaws (like all of Rossellini's films), but I loved it, almost as much as I love its director, who, in my opinion, is one of the greatest ever.

15. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film India: Matri Bhumi