1. FISCHER's rating of the film India Song

On sort profondément "bouleversé" par tant de viduité et de fadeur accumulées durant cent-vingt minutes qui durent une éternité... www.cinefiches.com

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film India Song

Duras despliega esa discursiva desconstruída que había escrito a inicio de "Hiroshima mon amour" y narra la historia de una mujer, símbolo de desea en un espacio desconocido. "India song" es un filme poco convencional que hace retrato de un estado colectivo convulso. Personajes atado a la rutina, extranjeros, extraños, la pulsión de muerte que los atrae, pero fracasan. Es la post guerra y la antesala a la que viene.

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film India Song

Herein lies all that I've ever understood concerning love's stag, shot and bleeding, or the hunters passing around their silence like cognac into silver cups. That native woman from Burma wails nothing we didn't know. While that white woman at the piano is the sum of what we'll never understand. How can the sun be green decay? Oh, I think I'm flying.

4. Yokna HASEGAWA's rating of the film India Song

greatest film ever. like..if someone confirms this,everything else will be disappeared.

5. Stevie's rating of the film India Song

I can easily understand why India Song doesn't work for so many people but I sat there entranced by the whole thing. Unique filmmaking. Awesome score. And Seyrig still manages to be awesome as she wanders through the film like a ghost.

6. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film India Song

7. sodr2's rating of the film India Song

Wow. That virgin from Lahore, what a loser!

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film India Song

9. Ed Cresdee's rating of the film India Song

I would watch this again if it was restored. A tough watch in poor SD quality.

10. anarresti's rating of the film India Song

This was one of the most unpleasant experiences in cinema I ever had. And now I am intrigued to see so many cinephiles find this "exciting", an emotional experience, thrilling even if one does not understand it. Well, I do want to know more about it. But at the time, watching the whole thing felt like torture. It was during a cinema cycle, and I still recall it as one of the worse movies I have ever seen in my life.

11. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film India Song

Poetic vision on promiscuity and loneliness.

12. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film India Song

WARNING: This film is not for everybody. Whereas every other film on the planet puts either an equal emphasis on sight and sound or pushing the visuals only, this is one rare case where the sound is the core element. Which isn't to say that the mise en scene is not wonderful in it's own right. There is a story here, a tragic one at that, but it's presentation will be a hurdle many will hate and rightfully so.

13. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film India Song

Characters intrinsically tied to society, other people, space and time(in both the sense of cinematic rhythm and “human history”). Without any “acting” or sentimentality such tremendous emotion is expressed. India Song is an immensely affecting fusion of film and literature. Images, music and VO inseparably connected. Duras has created something profoundly poetic and completely unique.

14. espaçonimas's rating of the film India Song

INDIA SONG, esta segunda-feira dia 14 às 18h30, no Espaço Nimas, em mais uma sessão do ciclo "Cinema Clássico". Preço único de 4€. Projecção em 35mm. Todos ao Nimas!

15. Clara Pais's rating of the film India Song

An introduction to Marguerite Duras' India Song by Daniel Fawcett and Clara Pais at One+One Filmmakers Journal http://oneplusonejournal.co.uk/2012/11/23/eyeblaze-8-india-song/

16. mtkm's rating of the film India Song

17. T. J. Harman's rating of the film India Song

Very enjoyable mood piece (not for everyone) by M. Duras. I can't think of another writer who dabbled in film who understands the visual medium of film like she does yet her writing and films feel very cohesively in her voice. I love Seyrig and Lonsdale.

18. pinkwargasm's rating of the film India Song

beautiful to watch... but i might have to give it another try and maybe read the book. Marguerite never ceases to impress me !

19. chanandre's rating of the film India Song

[Cinémathèque PT #: 35 mm] (2010)

20. Kai White's rating of the film India Song

Magnificent. This movie drew me in and did not let me go.

21. REH1101's rating of the film India Song

The juxtaposition of the images and the narration made this film for me. It was a great experience.