1. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

First half: silly. Second half: epic.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

A rollercoaster ride of racism - that is to say, exhilarating and nauseous in equal measure. Should feature on the dictionary page for "problematic". But, taking the minecart ride sequence in isolation, I'll give it a guilty 3 stars, though probably shouldn't. At the very least, I won't be showing it to any of my kids. Not that I'm having kids.

3. patríciapinho's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

the james bond-like opening scene is a reminder that nobody does casual racism and sexism like these two

4. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

The action set-pieces are really amazing. However, the cultural insensitivities are too wantonly egregious and unproductive to allow consistent enjoyment.

5. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Film as fairground ride (probably literally so in some US theme park). It's superbly assembled of course, but rather synthetic and leaves a slightly nasty taste in the mouth with rather too-violent detail. I'm not sure of the value in pastiching such adventure serial hokum but Speilberg handles these things with such skill that criticism should perhaps be aimed at lesser examples of this bloated genre.

6. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I love this one because it's pretty dark!

7. adam's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

8. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

While objectively not the "best" Indy film, it might well be my favourite and was certainly the one I watched the most growing up. I love it for being relatively dark, weird and scary and the Indian temple setting is a welcome break from fighting Nazis. I've never understood why this one is so derided.

9. keremebrulee's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Racism and sexism are quite strong in this one

10. Lthm2's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I haven't thought about this film in a long time, and although I enjoyed it during my childhood, I still had more lasting impression from the two other episodes of the trilogy. Today I can say that, apart from a subject standpoint, this is a masterpiece, almost a song which never stops.

11. MS1915's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

In keeping with the first. A great film who's only flaw lies in the stereotypical blond Indy is forced to watch out for throughout the film. Short Round provides for wonderful comic relief.

12. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

13. hamsa's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

the action is to die for.

14. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Not as brilliant as Raiders but still pretty good fun.

15. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

16. Jim Fear's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

17. James Mackin's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

This completely freaked the shit out of me as a kid, and it still kinda does.

18. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Two filmmakers went through divorces and made a movie about a tough man who gets his heart ripped out while a gold-digging woman screams at him for two hours.

19. Jérôme's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

20. Tutu888's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Even more ridiculous than Raiders of the Lost Ark but this movie takes itself less serious. The action scenes are among the best you ever can imagine. So good fun from the director who is able to deliver more than an empty shell.

21. Ethan's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

A decent adventure film that is lacking in what the other two had but this is still way better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

22. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

23. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

24. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

A dark twisted masterpiece disguised as an adventure yarn. Never forget ... Spielberg is a movie brat