1. Daybreak's rating of the film Indignation

Moving story, great performance from Logan Lerman and Sarah Gadon.

2. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Indignation

3. Jason's rating of the film Indignation

A benign prestige pic in many ways. Clearly something Mr. Schamus has wanted to do for a long time and which means a lot to him. It does happen to be based on a Philip Roth. There are few writers I loathe more than Philip Roth. And, of course, we have here another execrable Roth-type woman on display. She's played by Sarah Gadon, thankfully. Everything good about this movie has to do w/ leaving space for the actors.

4. anarresti's rating of the film Indignation

(Did not read Roth's novel) The beginning made me think about 1984 Maria's Lovers. It shares with Konchalovsky's film the same type of male sexual disconnect/tension that both desires and rejects. And it refers to the same American culture and period. This story deals with individuality vs conformity and the consequences of choosing your own path, in a time when identity relied so much on finding common enemies.

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Indignation

Me if I was straight and lived in the 50s.

6. Dogville59's rating of the film Indignation

Unsettling. It reminded me of a Coen Brothers film but with less of a comedic undertone. It follows one of their themes of life happens, random things happen, we make the choices we make and a lot of time they aren't for the better.

7. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Indignation

8. smokescreen's rating of the film Indignation

"There’s no one around here like you. You are not a simple soul and have no business being here. If you survive the squareness of this place, you’ll have a sterling future."

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film Indignation

An effective Roth adaptation that points to the authoritarian and draconian tactics of institutions in the grips of anti-liberal agendas which seek to subjugate non-conformists.

10. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Indignation

11. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Indignation

12. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film Indignation

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Indignation

14. wiwitaek's rating of the film Indignation

Tragically charming movie, neat script, well excuted and the best performance from Logan Lerman.

15. alchimia's rating of the film Indignation

extremely sad, extremely real.

16. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Indignation

17. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Indignation

Couldn't ask for a more perfect title, for as we follow Marcus Messner's (played wonderfully by Logan Lerman) trials against the social mores of 1950s Ohio, the audience sympathizes with frustrations of his life and relationships, which leave both us and him with a lasting feeling of indignation. Sarah Gadon and Tracy Letts are also great; I only wish their characters had more for me to latch on to.

18. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Indignation

19. wi.bi's rating of the film Indignation

this is actually coming of age movie that execute with mature concept.

20. Alex's rating of the film Indignation

21. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film Indignation

I don't understand any of the praise.

22. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Indignation

23. DSPRKY's rating of the film Indignation

Rothian indeed, but why adapt Lesser Roth?

24. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Indignation

I tried to enjoy it but as it became too obvious and predictable as a doomed love story that is going to destroy lives, the less engaged I got and the more aggravated I became. I've seen enough of that kind of romance before and it doesn't work this time for me. I was far less interested in the romance as I was in the eccentric poetic roommate who wouldn't shut up but breathed life into a melancholic melodrama.