1. miles's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Quite a hongkong paced film, I like what martin did with it.

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

I wouldn't be upset if The Departed didn't exist because this film is still so good by itself. However, it might be one of the small group of remakes to perhaps surpass the original.

3. RisuSardonicus's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Do they really play the bagpipes at funerals in Hong Kong?

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

I realized after the film was over that I had accidently hit zoom on my remote and was watching the entire thing in closeup. No wonder all the subtitles didn’t quite fit the screen. Also, the Departed is better.

5. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

6. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

The Buddha Says: "He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a hardship in Continuous Hell. " The cop who came in from the cold.

7. ShawnD's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

This is basically a genre picture Martin Scorsese turned into an overlong morality play with The Departed. At just over 100 minutes this hums right along as opposed to the Scorsese version which is almost an hour longer. The plot is absurd and the translations are awkward at times, but the stakes are clear from the start. It's a straightforward yarn that doesn't aim to draw any grand conclusions about society.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Improbable yet compelling. Heartfelt performances.

9. 2multo's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Worth watching just to compare it to the Scorsese version. Through my American eyes the cheesy "Good cop" ending hurt.

10. David Richards's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Excellent crime drama. I haven't seen "The Departed," but I can't imagine that it's any better than this.

11. KonradK15's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

A good quick-paced entertaining film. There are some lulls in the action, particularly when seemingly out of nowhere a woman who knows the main character pops up. Nevertheless, it is roaring fun.

12. crystal meff's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

" He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell"

13. Kadu Lennox's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

14. Daniel Nguyen's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

I enjoyed this film from beginning to end and thought that the pilot was great as most Chinese crime movies are. The idea of a mole going undercover to investigate on another undercover was a concept I would have never thought of. The film is pretty straight forward and did not contain a plot twist. The acting was phenomenal and the camerawork was great as well. I would recommend watching this Infernal Affairs.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Very enjoyable. Felt no need to watch 'Departed'. Not a big fan of Scorcese, except for his documentaries.

16. Chris's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

i think the departed is a bit better (like half a star), this gets a bit too melodramatic sometimes with some really cheesy music and editing

17. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

The Hong Kong style hyperbolic editing is a touch exhausting, but this is a superb cop movie that works simultaneously as a morality play about two men who have lost their identity and sense of self. Leung and Lau are glorious and it’s fair to say the film wouldn’t work half as well without their complex and intelligent performances at its center.

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Scorsese snapped up the concept for its US remake (The Departed). The Hong Kong original remains the better version.

19. plankton's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

20. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Great film, better than The Departed (which is also good) but not as good.

21. film_lies101's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Hard to say which version is better, they are both masterfully put together

22. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

One of the best from Hong Kong (4.8/5)

23. smeef's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

lmao at the music + flashbacks

24. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Infernal Affairs

Lean, balanced, well-constructed story. Solid performances, and great pacing and timing. I won't wait so long again to revisit this great movie.