1. Django's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

A parable about authenticity vs illusion in the social media age. A strong script with excellent character voicings but the "happy ending" seemed a bit of a cop out for such a dark look at isolation and shallow relationships in modern society.

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

Watched most of this behind ashamed and anxious hands

3. Dan's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

This film is a mirror. I laughed and was terrified by what I saw.

4. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

I get what kind of twisted satire the filmmakers were trying to make, and the cast give all their energy into their performances. But, the film has huge fatal flaw: Ingrid. The filmmakers never make her out to be anything more than a flat-out obsessive and manipulative sociopath, making her impossible to sympathize with or find interesting. It's just a weak-teethed, mean-spirited work that hates its characters.

5. konochingo's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

Liked the energy of this, but found the plot to be needlessly melodramatic. Her fall from grace should've just been Taylor&co grow tired of her, naturally, just cuz. Would've felt more real. I like how it's a riff on class envy. Taylor & her bro def have a diff relash to money than Ingrid, Ezra, Dan, etc. Critics are sniping the portrayal of mental health issues. I get it, but there's more layers to this. 3.5 stars!

6. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

7. Loz Loory's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

1.5 Desperately in need of tighter editing. Ended up walking out, as pace too slow for subject matter. Audience is way ahead of plot: we know Ingrid's obsession with vapid beautiful people is unwarranted. We know this will never bring her true happiness. So let's move the story along much faster. As it is now, it comes across as painfully naive. And why do the Olsen women not have noses?? It is very disconcerting.

8. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

"Ingrid Goes West" continues in the footsteps of the relatively unseen "We Are Your Friends" by showing both the toxicity and fine-line between self-promotion and insanity while noting that those living in California hydrate by drinking Corona Extra. Hilariously sardonic with a tour-de-force performance by the still mostly enigmatic Aubrey Plaza, whose eyes and awkwardness may one day define this new generation.

9. Wipeoutt31's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

10. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

11. HKFanatic's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

California is a dream. Until you live here long enough that West Coast satires like "Ingrid Goes West" become both a necessity and a balm from the self-important groupthink. The film doesn't go as deep or as dark as it thinks it does, but it's still pretty terrific, and both Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen are Instagram-perfect for these roles (so grateful Plaza finally found her ideal post-"Parks and Rec" vehicle).

12. Ethan's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

Aubrey Plaza gives an incredible performance here in this film that is very relevant to the times that we live in and also has a lot to say about obsession and mental illness and the impact that social media has on our society and how it consumes our day to day lives just so we don't have to feel alone in this world. A true gem that is honest and funny.

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

I found this to be a really funny and often very smart dark comedy. I don't know if it's so much interested Aubrey Plaza — at her absolute best — is the hero of the film, and while many of her actions and behaviors seem to stem from an underlying illness, there are few times where I wasn't thinking "I get why she does all of this."

14. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

A fascinating story of social media obsession taken too far. It's the kind of tale that begs to be told in this day and age, and Matt Spicer does it well. The cast is excellent all around and the editing is efficient.

15. Michael Peer's rating of the film Ingrid Goes West

My favorite film for the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. While not the best film I saw (minor characterization and pacing issues aside) Ingrid Goes West transcends satire. It's one of the most grotesque films I've seen - a perfect reflection of social media culture. Natural Born Killers is to the media what Ingrid Goes West is to social media generation. We all have a degree of Ingrid in us -- The question is: how much?