1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Inherent Vice

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Inherent Vice

“Inherent Vice” has a hard time coming after two of the most critically lauded (at least in the cinephile spheres) American films from the 21st century from PTA. It’s hard to compare it to those unquestionable leaps of sheer ambition and raw, pure cinema, but it shouldn’t be so easily dismissed because of this. In it’s own way, it may stand on par with those two films, despite being lighter and less serious.

3. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Inherent Vice

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/inherent-vice-paul-thomas-anderson/

4. Renton47's rating of the film Inherent Vice

Vice is psychedelic in the true sense, in the way few things are - constantly eliciting the possibility of greater meaning, swirling, hazily always out of grasp. Its politics might be stoned ramblings about "them" selling us the disease AND the cure, but who today can connect all the syndicates, nazis and spies. I must add this has some of the most miraculous lighting and colour I have ever seen on film

5. lou.'s rating of the film Inherent Vice

There must have been a point where I fell asleep. But sure, nice work Paul. Joaquin at his best.

6. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Inherent Vice

Really convoluted plot and slightly odd dialogue, I feel this is the kind of adaptation for the fans of the book

7. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Inherent Vice

8. Pedro Soares's rating of the film Inherent Vice

9. Nicolás Araya's rating of the film Inherent Vice

Thomas Anderson & Joaquin Phoenix, dupla de oro del cine actual. Versatilidad y carácter en una película que continúa implícitamente con el anterior film de ambos "The Master", el sueño americano podrido por las drogas duras, las fiestas y la paranoia de las sectas.

10. jajabornixa's rating of the film Inherent Vice

11. xrystyna's rating of the film Inherent Vice

12. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Inherent Vice

I know, I know it isn't fully Pynchon - but I'd go as far as saying this is as far as you can get to Pynchon w/o a stroke of avant-garde genius. And watching Phoenix gradually drifting into a more wasted self is just priceless. One of the goodies.

13. JCPJD's rating of the film Inherent Vice

Im'a give it a 5 because it belongs in the PTA cannon as proof the guy's ambitions know no limits. I read that people 'don't get the plot', which I think totally misses the mark. PTA creates atmospheres you can sit in and inhabit, often on a fairly small budget. Inherent Vice is a filmmaker stretching their scope in all kinds of new directions. I like spending time in this world - and that's the point (maybe?)

14. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Inherent Vice

15. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Inherent Vice

The Big Sleep - on dope (or acid?).

16. ermete polpette's rating of the film Inherent Vice

17. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Inherent Vice

happy to see Joanna. i might be an idiot or maybe i needed to be high but this movie made no god damned sense to me and I didn't want to try and figure it out.

18. Legosaurus's rating of the film Inherent Vice

19. remora's rating of the film Inherent Vice

20. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film Inherent Vice

joaquin was too old to be a hippie in this movie...

21. s.birowo's rating of the film Inherent Vice

22. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Inherent Vice

I don't care if this movie is beautiful. It's boring as fuck! PTA is a great director but a horrible writer. And this is not some Tarkovskian picture that the narrative and the structure are non-linear and plot-independent, like The Mirror. This is a fucking detective story! I stopped watching after 1 hour.

23. Nytse Jam's rating of the film Inherent Vice

24. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Inherent Vice

This is fantastic, really fun and great to watch.