1. K_Tarr's rating of the film Inland Empire

David Lynch's horribly executed experiment. Aside from being shot digitally like a one-hit music video from the early 2000s, the story went from interesting to incoherent in a matter of minutes and never recovered.

2. Diderot's rating of the film Inland Empire

When, out of nowhere, a group of prostitutes begins dancing in unison to "The Locomotion," you know you're in the hands of a genius. (Or maybe you don't.) It's a deliciously experimental continuation of themes and images initiated in Mulholland Drive.

3. F-BOMB's rating of the film Inland Empire

Despire some really great moments throughout, Inland Empire's weakness is it's just too long. On my first viewing, I thought it was an unfocused mindfuck of loosely related scenes and mentally checked out for the last hour. The second time, I started noticing the narrative snap together for me, but once again lost interest as there just wasn't enough reward to hold my attention for the entirety of its 3-hour runtime.

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Inland Empire

In which David Lynch goes completely off the deep end. Kaleidoscope nightmares in front of the camera. Not going to try and take any meaning out of it, because it doesn’t matter.

5. HKFanatic's rating of the film Inland Empire

"I'll show you light now. It burns bright forever. No more blue tomorrows. You on high now, love." Lynch does Lynch. A decade later, "Inland Empire" remains the filmmaker's most impenetrable work in a career that hasn't exactly courted the mainstream - an ugly (both visually and tonally) journey down the rabbit hole of identity and fame, as a creeping Old World evil infects the streets of Hollywood Boulevard.

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Inland Empire

Don't go in expecting a rug and it won't be pulled from underneath you. What appears to be hard work is just a way of dreaming: non-linear & without neat resolution. Here Lynch has created a ruminative, spatialise fresco of time, portent, subsumption, multiple personalities, abstractions, etc. It suffers from the largess a cheaper medium affords but is nonetheless a fascinating dream epic with room to breathe.

7. Rocco's rating of the film Inland Empire

It speaks to Lynch's remarkable powers as a director that this 180 minute obfuscation flies by. Dern's absolute commitment to the material is astonishing as it's all too easy to imagine the majority of actresses being buried beneath the weight of this grandly ludicrous experiment. Love it or loathe it, it's Lynch's magnum opus. As far as I'm concerned, this should remain his swan song. Unfiltered genius.

8. themotherandthewhore's rating of the film Inland Empire

9. Levi Miah's rating of the film Inland Empire

I had this pretty loud at the start and repeatedly shit myself. It was pretty excessive, so I turned it down, which was a damn good idea because I ended up in hot sweats at the gun scene. This wouldn't be as scary on film - there was a terror pulled out of the DV in this that I haven't seen in any other film. Relentlessly tense videoart horror with skincrawlingly nightmarish images that'll haunt even your nightmares.

10. _OOO_'s rating of the film Inland Empire

meshes of the afternoon (twilight)

11. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Inland Empire

A post-modern emotionally realistic time renouncing identinty fragmenting distressing apocalypse and I don't even know what I'm saying I just know that something happened.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Inland Empire

Il ne suffit pas de pénétrer avec l'esprit méthodologique du raisonnement, dans cette construction labyrinthique pour se repérer, il faut plutôt s'ouvrir aux impossibles et laisser s'éteindre toutes velléités explicatives pour deviner une irrésistible aspiration délicieuse et mortelle, dans une logique de l'incohérence, vers les obscurs terriers sans nom d'une jouissive peur absolue et définitive. www.cinefiches.com

13. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Inland Empire

this is pure lynch going further on experimenting women/hollywood/audience ideas free from form and even free from cinema itself. this could be a videoart. or/and a movie. that's so free from all strings it's amazing. at the same time, it becomes difficult to connect with. me, for example, i was so scared that i shut myself to it, and then got bored. but i'll dive again sometime. love the ending

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Inland Empire

15. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film Inland Empire

"I figured one day I'd just wake up and and find out what the hell yesterday was all about"

16. choupinet's rating of the film Inland Empire

I watched this movie at a time when I didn't know much about Lynch, nor his style. I think I'll have to rewatch it sometime again.

17. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Inland Empire

18. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Inland Empire

i cant beleve i never rated this but i was just that shook...

19. luz de topos's rating of the film Inland Empire

20. Larissa's rating of the film Inland Empire

Disturbed and awesome! Lynch can always trasmit exactly what a dream is.

21. illibelulle's rating of the film Inland Empire

22. DenoResandono's rating of the film Inland Empire

It was like answering 5 questions of electrical engineering exam, but you were still a student in high school...

23. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Inland Empire

Three hours of crazy unadulterated fucked up insanity.

24. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Inland Empire