1. Ioana's rating of the film Insignificance

It impressed me so much when I watched it, being younger. Blowing everything up in the end. Metaphorically, but literally too. Condensed remorse for something irreversible blowing to bits.

2. marco's rating of the film Insignificance

cinema as a work of art into the fantastic

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Insignificance

Normally I like movies that make me think. This one just tried a little to hard.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Insignificance

This was a hoot. Four people who aren't the celebrities they incredibly resemble in all regards discuss the theory of relativity, in all meanings, and an interesting meta thought experience on filmmaking.

5. Oh, hi Denny's rating of the film Insignificance

The ending, is mind bending. Love Theresa Russell.

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Insignificance

I had been looking forward to this for years, but was disappointed-- at this point, the Roeg magic was beginning to wane.

7. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Insignificance

That finale... blew my mind away.

8. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Insignificance

9. Axel's rating of the film Insignificance

Une Marilyn aux intentions troubles rend une visite nocturne à un Einstein qui, tourmenté par le maccarthysme, se laisse émoustiller par la plastique et la fausse ingénuité de l'actrice. Des dialogues bien ciselés et un regard très 80's sur les années 1950, malheureusement gâchés par un début long à la détente.

10. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Insignificance

A compelling work of artistic expression that dissects the significant idols of the 50's. A movie that I believe is truly a revolutionary impression of how you can reinvent your art and make it into something that you can delve deep into your own way. Nicolas Roeg's direction + Terry Johnson's play + marvelous performances= Something truly magically.

11. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film Insignificance

Significance. Roeg took something that was very theatrical and made it cinematic; opened it up with his unique sense of camera and editing. The antithesis - and antidote - to Fences, Shape Of Things, Doubt, Carnage etc...

12. jimmymarkum's rating of the film Insignificance

For me, the film was won over everyone else by Tony Curtis (senator Mc Carthy) and by Will Sampson (the Indian who, working in an elevator, unlike any true Cherokee, doesn't feel himself at the centre of the universe)

13. Cbarky99's rating of the film Insignificance

Uneven, but with moments of real beauty, and a cast that includes Theresa Russell in a performance that maybe-should-be-iconic, a reminder that Gary Busey was a very good actor at one time, and an appearance by Will Sampson that makes it fun to think of the film as an unofficial sequel to ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

14. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Insignificance

I avoided watching this for years because I thought it might be one of Roeg's duds and the premise sounded too gimmicky but it's a great film. One of his best, up there with "Bad Timing". Try to forget that none of the actors look anything like the famous people their playing (except Einstein) and you'll appreciate what great work they're all doing. The final sequences were amazing!

15. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Insignificance

Complicated feelings about the writing itself but Roeg's Zip Effect structuring where the characters' thoughts, childhoods, futures, and actions converge and match outside of rote chronology fits the themes of shared relativity, shared fame, shared anxiety, and shared loss; like Greek tragedy, every character loses because of a major character flaw. -- PolarisDiB

16. a Smith's rating of the film Insignificance

17. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Insignificance

Not my favorite Roeg film by far, but enjoyable. The end sequence is one of the most beautiful (and also horrific), I've ever seen. Tony Lawson is a spot-on editor.

18. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Insignificance

Charming and has moments of brilliance. However, it is not a classic or a really great film. Definitely for fans of either Roeg or the fifties, though.

19. Posterocalypse's rating of the film Insignificance

What an odd, interesting film. I feel like I need to rewatch it.

20. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Insignificance

21. Thomas Wells's rating of the film Insignificance

My addiction to Roeg is becoming more and more intense.

22. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Insignificance

that explanation -or should i say the demonstration- of the special relativity by monroe to einstein was unforgettable...

23. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Insignificance

It's completely senseless and I think that's the point...and with an ending that bodes that out.