1. Rocco's rating of the film Insomnia

Hard to find fault with, but also just sort of dull in execution.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Insomnia

Very entertaining Nordic Noir. Doesn't get five stars because of the dead dog.

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Insomnia

4. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Insomnia

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Insomnia

Intéressant petit film sur les notions de manipulation et de culpabilité... www.cinefiches.com

6. Ethan's rating of the film Insomnia

This is a beautifully shot and well executed thriller that is intensified by its unique atmosphere and the stellar performance from Stellan Skarsgard. This is far superior to Nolan's remake.

7. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Insomnia

[2.5] first one minute raised my expectations which didn't answered in the whole film until the last 10 15 minutes. Poor leading towards the delusion. Didn't make a good use of the room and the light in such a rush that didn't give me enough time to simphatize and understand the character.

8. adam's rating of the film Insomnia

9. Chris's rating of the film Insomnia

maybe watching the remake first was a mistake but i really couldn't get into this one - i realize its very well made though, 7/10

10. morals and dogma's rating of the film Insomnia

11. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Insomnia

A thriller and psychological drama, but more of the latter. Understated performances that fits in with the atmosphere.

12. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Insomnia

The locations and atmosphere are great, who needs a rote crime plot layered on top?

13. Daniella's rating of the film Insomnia

Nolan's is a horrible re-make ( like most of his movies are) compared to this one.

14. J. O.'s rating of the film Insomnia

Easily one of the finest crime thrillers of its era. Delicately balanced between reality and delusion (or perhaps psychosis) - a truly haunting atmosphere.

15. Alby's rating of the film Insomnia

stylistically one of the worst endings I've ever seen but the tense scene in the gondola paired with that viewer vertigo makes up for it

16. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Insomnia

Actually made me want to see a Robin Williams movie.

17. NICOLE86's rating of the film Insomnia

Don't EVER watch the remake, stick with this one.

18. flobota's rating of the film Insomnia

Definitely more memorable than Nolan's remake. Striking camera, very quiet and haunting.

19. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Insomnia

Although it is a great film by many standards, I just did not enjoy it. The set up is quite interesting and promising. A man unnerved by a new and strange environment... However, as the film progressed, I found it to be boring. Overall it's a good film, but to me, it does not transcend in any way. It reminded me in many ways of early Fincher and Nolan, not my favorite filmmakers as it is, so...

20. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Insomnia

Unlike it's American counterpart, this film strikes an amazing balance between reality and psychosis, the concrete and the cryptic. It's finale is far less forgiving for the viewer making it a difficult film. In the best ways.

21. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Insomnia

EErr really don't have time for the remake.. It seems a long time getting through this one anyway...

22. EivindMN's rating of the film Insomnia

Synes filmen var omtrent like god som Nolans film fra 2002 - og det er et stort kompliment til Erik Skjoldbjærg, og ikke fullt så positivt for Christopher Nolan.

23. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Insomnia

Like most Hollywood's remakes, Christopher Nolan's version is redundant.