1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

2. ermete polpette's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

Light Sunday evening viewing.

5. Muraki's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

6. José Carlos Carazo's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

Sólo por el maravilloso plano secuencia en que el acosador persigue a Sadako, ya merece una buena puntuación. Aunque redunda un poco hacia el final, la película es toda una colección de planos e imágenes de una belleza extraordinaria.

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

The erotic musings of karma! Imamura is so hot!

8. El Biffo's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

9. Dionissis Daoussis's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

I am amazed by the progressive cinema that Japan was offering the world in the 60's and Shohei Imamura contributed much to the expansion of the wonderful Japanese ''new wave''.Watch this film and you will understand what I'm talking about.

10. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

This is the film I bought the box set for. Here Imamura strikes the perfect balance between anthropological exploration and emotion. Sadako is the perfect heroine, a complex character who is never turned into a victim. The black and white cinematography is some of the most jaw dropping I've seen, and his direction is a hypnotic flow of images. Gripping and complex, this film is a hidden treasure of Japanese cinema.

11. jimmymarkum's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

Strangers on a train. We already know the man is a rapist and is so sick that sometimes needs ampolues to help breathing. The woman's original condition was pointed at by a metaphor involving mice imprisoned in a hamsters cage. Though the film is a.k.a.'Unholy desire', I couldn't see that while her 'murderous intentions' keep faltering. Then the ending seals the best resolution for a somehow absurd and 'bleak' comedy

12. Derek Tvmala's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

13. Ronald's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

I can't believe I haven't discovered this film earlier or this director. I love its combination of a documentary style with a dreamlike expressionism. I think this is one of the most beautiful black & white films I have seen of the 60's.

14. Narda's rating of the film Intentions of Murder

Lower and lower, deep down the soul of a woman in trouble.