1. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Interiors

3.8 I love Woody Allen's ability to alter complex human emotions into something completely relatable to an audience. The director has a way with words, unlike any other and I always appreciate his films for that reason. The daughters were amazing as isolated entities, but not as good when forced to mesh as a unit, and specifically with the father. This film is G Willis at his finest, and I was stuck in awe.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Interiors

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Interiors

Une oeuvre introspective, décryptant avec brio, les moult interférences entre les membres d'une famille coincée dans un matriarcat étouffant... www.cinefiches.com

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Interiors

This is Allen’s Bergman homage. It works as that for the most part, and as it’s own movie too, but in the end succumbs to what I find the biggest issue with the director: it just doesn’t stay with me for long.

5. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Interiors

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Interiors

Allen has always been open about who he steals from—Bergman, Fellini, etc.—but his appeal has always been how those stolen elements chemically react to a comic who idolized Groucho Marx. So what happens when you (ambitiously) take all comedy away? Turns out it's pretty damn effective, even if stuck in the shadow of others. Note Allen's working class background and that the film's "vulgarian" is its warmest character.

7. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Interiors

Allen's homage to Bergman is derivative of the latter's work in obvious ways, but Allen really put his own stamp on the film, making it altogether something new & beautiful. It's unfathomably pretentious- as to be expected of the circumstances (& Allen films in general)- it may be unrelatable, but it's believable. Fantastic ensemble cast, some of the best wardrobe, set design & cinematography you'll ever see.

8. anacecil's rating of the film Interiors

Excelente !!! Como su nombre lo dice, al interior de cada una

9. Bob's rating of the film Interiors

Bergmanesque fashion and characters, fully aware of their flaws, yet they long for acknowledgement of what it's not. But it's a lot more than a homage to one of the greatest cinema masters, it is a postcard of the haunted sea and melancholy of the passing summer, a nightmare that creeps pass the bedroom and humor that is eternally sustained between cries and whispers. And it's simply Woody Allen's greatest work.

10. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Interiors

11. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Interiors

8/10. Dramatic and completely lacking Woody's signature humor, INTERIORS is nonetheless an impressive film, one that's hard to watch in its harrowing portrayal of how a family can be wrenched apart. In particular, the odd, slightly surreal finale is especially memorable.

12. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Interiors

I feel the need to express something, but I don't know what it is I want to express. Or how to express it.

13. richardlawrn's rating of the film Interiors

I don't recall having watched a film which the color palette is all neutral. but there was pearl, though. Loved the script. I can relate a lot to Renata, who everyone thinks has everything figured out but she also has emotional issues.

14. DaraDON's rating of the film Interiors

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Interiors

Allen proves, he can do drama; the finest. Whether or not associated with Ingmar Bergman; does it matter? Not at all. This is not the issue. The issue is that I like Woody Allen for what he stands for. And that is comedy, romance, fun, jokes. But here there is no nothing Allenish; no Woodyism. Just pain. Despite all that this is one of Allen's (atypical) best. Masterpiece.

16. Lev Riseman's rating of the film Interiors

Finally: all filmography complete!

17. miles's rating of the film Interiors

woody bergman and gordon nykvist at work.

18. Hunter Hemingway's rating of the film Interiors

Woody succeeds in this venture down Bergman avenue.

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Interiors

One of Woody Allen's darkest, emotional, and overall finest films!

20. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Interiors

"I don't think it's a character I'd aspire to connect to!" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/11/episode-78-serious-films-of-woody-allen.html

21. Sizogi's rating of the film Interiors

22. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Interiors

1978, dir. WOODY ALLEN - 7/10 (USA)

23. Cojocariu Claudia's rating of the film Interiors

One of the things he knows best is how to portray acute stereotypes of literate families. And drama.

24. José Neves's rating of the film Interiors

Cinematography by Gordon Willis. A frame would be enough to make this a memorable film: when Geraldine Page first attempt to suicide, she falls in the solitude of her impressively refined living room. As an indoor by V. Hammershoi, the female figure is cut in a space, framing it with her intrinsic and restrained interior content. Secondly, rarely an actor reached a high dimension as Page does, literally volatile.

← Previous 1 3 4