1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Intermezzo

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Intermezzo

The story is so politically correct and Gösta Ekman, as the infidel husband, looks like a neurasthenic Leslie Howard. Really, Ingrid Bergman is the only valid excuse to see this film nowadays. Already forgotten.

3. hideloveaway's rating of the film Intermezzo

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film Intermezzo

Frankly, the film is underwhelming as a whole. It is of course terrific to see the breakout role of Ingrid Bergman, though she has many better performances as well. The story really isn't all that interesting. Everything about this feels average, just shy of being something more without knowing how to get there.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Intermezzo

Hey ... Does this count as expository dialogue? "Hundreds of thousands of people have been moved by our music. And we've been awarded four new orders." "I sure hope I'll meet a beautiful woman to fall in love with despite the fact that I'm married." Nice seeing Ingrid, though.

6. yasdnil's rating of the film Intermezzo

It was OKAY...nothing about it was particularly amazing or terrible. A cast of typically outstanding talent had a surprisingly average performance. The film itself was predictable and dated, its only saving graces being the cinematography and music. Perhaps I would have enjoyed the film more had I not seen better from Bergman and Howard.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Intermezzo

Ingrid, shmingrid. She's alright, but she isn't THAT great. Imagine any of her roles played by Liv Ullman or Uma Thurman, either of them could do much better (OK, Liv Ullman is already in Autumn Sonata, but other than that one). Sure, it's "what if", and they weren't around at the same time, but imagine Ullman playing Ilsa Lund in Casablanca, or Thurman in Cocteau's The Human Voice; they would've been so much better.