1. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Nighmarishly slow. No need to for the lingering, grainy "still-life" shots, which hold things up still further. I gave up and went and did the garden.

2. muse_x's rating of the film Into Great Silence

3. Max_Hydr0's rating of the film Into Great Silence

This film connotes special significance for its extraordinary vision of a religious order that is so utterly remote in its physical exclusion as to be invisible to human society, They live solely for themselves and utility of God. But what of their community? They pray and little else.Their adherence to strict reclusivity is akin to spiritual masturbation and does not contribute much to God's greater plan of Society

4. jim in austin's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Who would have thought the medieval still exists in our midst? The slow, almost meditative pacing and editing, which would have been annoying in other venues, was perfect for the subject. As an aside, I'm pretty sure the bent, elderly gardener is busy growing the herbs and flowers that go into the secretive Chartreuse liqueur...

5. Myles's rating of the film Into Great Silence

I love this doc! It's so fucking tranquil. But it still doesn't make me want to give chartreuse another chance...

6. Francisco Luna, Jr.'s rating of the film Into Great Silence

7. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Beautiful shots of what looks like an almost wholly medieval lifestyle. It's odd that decrepit monks seem to do most manual work, while the youngsters concentrate on praying. Slight sounds must become very significant; simple shapes gradually fascinating; particular silent brothers recognisable by the way they move, etc. And the celery soup probably tastes fantastic.

8. Moises Barea's rating of the film Into Great Silence

9. iamthewalrus's rating of the film Into Great Silence

a day in the life of a contemplative religious community

10. bugz's rating of the film Into Great Silence

observing peace....seeking images of God...putting together a cinematic prayer...this really is beautiful and revealing

11. Minu's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Filmmaker Philip Groning almost touches the surface of the untouchable. However he is patiently aproaching life under a rigurous religious order.

12. owenpeterson's rating of the film Into Great Silence

This film seduced me And I was seduced

13. Cosi's rating of the film Into Great Silence

they are like soooooo cool! heart heart

14. Riccardo Maffioli's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Un film speciale, grande, originale e geniale. Da vedere, ma attenzione oltre le immagini ci sono solo rumori...

15. Florence's rating of the film Into Great Silence

I think you mustn't be religious to apreciate this film and its profoundly inspiring atmosphere in it, even if it has some length.

16. Joel's rating of the film Into Great Silence

A sprawling meditative and religious experience of a film. It works much more at capturing the life of monastic silence then really giving any sort of in depth look at the life of a monk. I believe this film is one in which you get out of it what you bring to it. Though it's strange how many people I know with no religious affiliation have found this film profoundly interesting.

17. ䷀'s rating of the film Into Great Silence

This one is special. Saw it tonight. Going to see it again. My imediate reaction is positive, indeed. But, I wish I could take a greater part in the relations between the monks, and a closer look into the hierarchy and the history of the monastery. But then again, what I am craving for is maybe another movie.

18. jannicke's rating of the film Into Great Silence

such an extremely beautiful film. it is very true that watching it is like meditating.

19. harryandtonto's rating of the film Into Great Silence

Watching this film is like meditating . . . it is a phenomenally peaceful experience watching it. Don't fight it and just let take you on it's journey into the lives of these people who have chosen a way of life that is mind boggling at turns enviable. Beautiful!!!