1. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Into the Inferno

3,5. Mythical musings and the choral wanking aside, there's loads of good, interesting stuff here.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Into the Inferno

***1/2. Once you've understood that Werner Herzog is not a scientist nor an ethnologist nor a filmmaker but simply a humanist and maybe the last one of his kind, you'll be ready to explore his filmography that's one of the most impressive of our time. Strongly recommended.

3. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Into the Inferno

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Into the Inferno

5. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film Into the Inferno

6. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Into the Inferno

Well, this is all over the fucking place. Like aaaall over the place. And it is still worth because I've obviously never been let down by Herzog, but it stuns way more than it engages and that's the sign of a second tier Herzog filmography. It's not sloppy and it's not for a lack of effort, but goddamn, by the end of it I just wanted him to focus on one subject at a time and turn it into four or five different films.

7. Kristina Tamelytė's rating of the film Into the Inferno

pats svarbiausias klausimas vis dėlto yra: kas tas žmogus, kuris leido Herzogui apsilankyti Šiaurės Korėjoje?

8. nikolasminas's rating of the film Into the Inferno

9. Levi Miah's rating of the film Into the Inferno

Some breathtaking cinematography and archival footage that I haven't seen before. It's an interesting look into the modern human relationship with volcanoes, particularly modern mythology and religion. Herzog digresses a bit, so it occasionally loses focus, especially in the DPRK section (if you've already seen a doc on DPRK, you've heard nearly all of this), but it contains more than enough to enjoy.

10. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Into the Inferno

Watched this to fall asleep to Herzog's narration and aesthetically pleasing visuals, but instead I was wide awake and interested on how he captured spiritual, mythological and scientific research behind these deadly volcanos. He's interested in the people who are so interested in it and this gives a humanistic quality to Nature documentaries.

11. Renton47's rating of the film Into the Inferno

Easy to forget how much a great guerrilla film maker like Herzog embraces or evolves with technology. He updates both a subject (volcanoes) and character (Oppenheimer) from previous films to sumptuous effect, now being able to inhabit the inferno with adequate awe. Not a successful integration of the science the superstition and the rogue state, but each individual component is Herzog at his best.

12. abrahamgbj's rating of the film Into the Inferno

"I better stick to vulcanology"

13. Blumes's rating of the film Into the Inferno

As soon as I saw the signature Herzog title font come up, I knew everything would be alright. His eye, wit and rhythm are completely intact, as well as his knack for assimilation, organic stylization and collaboration. His nature documents bring out the best in him. I only wish his features would rise to that same occasion again.

14. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Into the Inferno

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film Into the Inferno

An extension to 'La Soufrière' rather than a definitive doc on volcanoes (complete with Herzog's daredevil filmmaking nous). The geographical context lends weight to the grandiose and haunting majesty of nature's wildest landmarks. It is a curiosity watch rather than one which challenges our notions of civilisation. For profound accounts of indigenous culture, see Fricke's 'Baraka' and 'Samsara'.

16. msmichel's rating of the film Into the Inferno

The unfocused globe trotting takes away from the end result despite some indelible images along the way. Herzog is somewhat removed from the subject matter this time both in narration and screen time and the film feels all the less for this change. If the film had focused more on one subject, North Korea or Iceland for example, it may have been more satisfying.

17. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Into the Inferno

18. -REM-'s rating of the film Into the Inferno

19. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Into the Inferno

20. DSPRKY's rating of the film Into the Inferno

Hard not to enjoy this (especially the opening scene and the slow-motion moments where we are suspended over the maw of the Earth's bowels), even if I'm just a vapid human.

21. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Into the Inferno

vulcanii noroioşi unde sunt domnule herzog?

22. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Into the Inferno

This film made me think how amazing it is how a Herzog digression emerges as completely essential and revealing to the story...eventually!

23. Trapped In The Cinema's rating of the film Into the Inferno

I love Herzog. Herzog loves volcanos. I love Herzog loving volcanos. Therefore, I should love a Herzog documentary about volcanos. Or so the story should go .... Please feel free to check out my full review below! https://trappedinthecinemablog.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/into-the-inferno-2016-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

24. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film Into the Inferno

I just love the poetry in these ancient cultures' beliefs and ways of thinking