1. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Into the Woods

Most of the greatness comes from the source material but it's still a good solid adaptation.

2. katsuda's rating of the film Into the Woods

Appreciated that Rob Marshall didn't just cut it off at the end of Act 1 to Disneyfy the movie like I thought he would. Still found it really weird and creepy that they made Red Riding Hood an actual child. Chris Pine and Billy Magnussen were hilarious. Meryl Streep was fine, not sure why she got an Oscar nom for this though. Wasn't particularly blown away by the whole thing but it wasn't a disappointment either.

3. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Into the Woods

4. alchimia's rating of the film Into the Woods

what the fuck was this movie?

5. N!nA's rating of the film Into the Woods

What a horrible movie!!! I really don't find Anna Kendrick suitable for this role...

6. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Into the Woods

If you're a purist you won't like this. If not, it's great fun.

7. SaRa RamaDan's rating of the film Into the Woods

8. marianamorais's rating of the film Into the Woods

Almost 4 stars, because of the great time I lived in the cinema, singing the soundtrack and watching the performance of one of the best actresses (Meryl Streep) and one of the most promising ones (Anna Kendrick).

9. Jacob McKinley's rating of the film Into the Woods

10. dheadanira's rating of the film Into the Woods

really in love with the songs.

11. daaniieel's rating of the film Into the Woods

Sondheim is genius, but this movie is pure trash.

12. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Into the Woods

3.75-. A very good surprise for me! Too much songs, but great picture and nice patchwork of child stories

13. vladimirbalt's rating of the film Into the Woods

Mayonnaise people in a mayonnaise town. They try singing too...

14. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Into the Woods

quite good in the beginning. the visuals were striking and appealing, it had a good sense of humor...sort of like a fractured fairy tale but the movie went far far FAR too long. and man, i hate musicals.

15. TheIB's rating of the film Into the Woods

A musical inside a movie. Great cast, awesome performances. All fantastic singers. The story was interesting too but overall I felt like two hours of non-stop singing was just exhausting. I started to wish for the end half-way through.

16. bluette's rating of the film Into the Woods

17. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film Into the Woods

great cast just not my cup of tea.

18. Cauli Fernandes's rating of the film Into the Woods

19. amoradov's rating of the film Into the Woods

20. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Into the Woods

The "Les Mis" of Disney musicals, this adaptation works for awhile by wears you down little by little. For starters, it's long. And for a film that should've been 90 min., it abruptly turns dark & doesn't earn it. But at least it's beautiful-looking and the cast (especially Blunt) give it their all. It would have been 2 stars in my book, but the perfection of "Agony" is worth a star by itself.

21. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Into the Woods

22. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Into the Woods

WTF? Well, I guess someone wanted to reunite a money-cast, but didn't have any good ideas for songs and plot. Trainwreck emerged and the movie sold tickets. At the end, a musical that doesn't have any good songs and a movie that doesn't add anything to cinema history. Pure bland blockbuster exploration.

23. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Into the Woods

I had zero knowledge of the story or play, but I don't think Rob Marshall knew what he was adapting. I could see something decent in here somewhere, but this movie should be thrown into the woodchipper. The acting is fine but I didn't give a damn about any of the characters. I didn't even realize some of the characters had died til somebody else spelled it out for me. Wasn't a fan. Tedious to sit through.

24. brunolab's rating of the film Into the Woods

Musically very similar to other pieces, funny at parts, but I was expecting more of such an intense Witch character... and from the movie on the whole. Nonetheless it was entertaining. PS: what happened to the narrator on the third act and during the very important ending??!

← Previous 1 3 4