1. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Really good start but it does sag in the middle. The silver alien at the end is iconic.

2. Julius's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Unexpectedly no-nonsense thrills from a film purportedly about a kid, for kids. Killing little Cathy and an assassination attempt automatically makes this the hardcore version of Tobe Hooper's dreamy Spielbergian remake. American scientific progressivism & rationalism shines while the "cold" Commies, umm, "have their reasons," making this the ne plus ultra of "Those were the good old days... or were they?" cinema.

3. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Didn't aged very well, plus too much US military propaganda. Still a fun watch for a rainy day.

4. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

I really liked it up until the military showed up.

5. Scotch's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Body Snatchers definitely fixed this bit of American propaganda – mostly by removing the endless scenes of figures running around in caves for no reason, and the army tank fetishizing. Though I appreciate the eroticism of the observatory spreading open its doors and swinging its big telescope dick around. Oh, and the head with arms in a fish tank being escorted nowhere. Otherwise, this put me to bed 2 hours early.

6. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Sharing similarities to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, this sci fi film benefits from the POV of the boy and the great ending but fails to keep the tension and paranoia consistent like Body Snatchers did.

7. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

As a kid it frightened me a lot--mostly because I knew it was true. The adults in my community had been acting odd for quite some time. Finally, I knew why.

8. 4LOM's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

Marsianer landen in einer US-Stadt und steuern deren Einwohner mit Hilfe von Hirnsonden. Allerdings nur im Traum eines Jungen, was in der dt. Fassung durch ein anderes Ende jedoch nicht so offensichtlich wird. Hinzugefügt wurde dafür eine Szene mit pseudowissenschaftlichem Geschwätz, in dem ein Wissenschaftler unter anderem etwas als Fakt ansieht, nur weil das Gegenteil auch nicht bewiesen werden kann. Wunderbar!

9. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Invaders from Mars

I only became a fan of this film because I love the still Mubi chose to represent it. I remember being scared out of my wits when I saw it on TV as a child. This time I couldn't help but think of Albert Brooks in Modern Love every time the space "apes" (as the colonel called them) ran around the corner of their tunnel. The editing relies heavily on a handful of clips used over and over. Pretty amusingly lame.