1. Log Lady's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Meh. Much too drawn-out and invaded by occasional cheese to be truly enjoyable, not to mention the less interesting treatment of the pod people compared to the original, but the atmosphere is sufficiently creepy and ominous. I just have a slight aversion to Donald Sutherland. His face when he tries to act scared is just unbearably funny at times.

2. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

E grazie per aver inserito nel sito proprio questo frame spoiler. Grazie davvero cazzo.

3. Desjarlais's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Maybe if I hadn’t seen the original first. I don’t know. I really didn’t care for this version. I was very drawn out and the story lost me. I had heard so many good things about it. Maybe I was expecting too much.

4. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

As good as the original. The ending still gives me the creeps.

5. Ann Burden's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

6. Bob's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Strong cast and their naturalistic approach - along with the unique visual style that brings to life every street corner, apartment or office - are mashed up with deconstruction of everyday routine, dystopian paranoia and body horror. Thanks to the aforementioned, it's bearable to sit through the tiresome final act. Or sleepiness was intentional as a parallel for the motifs of the movie? Unusual and interesting film.

7. William's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

3.5 This is rightfully regarded with esteem, but I just feel it loses momentum and interest in the final third.

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I had forgotten how good this movie was! Nearly 40 years later, I still love it. Don Siegel, director of the first 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' in 1956, can even be seen as a taxi driver. Strongly recommended.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Excellent paranoia riff by Kaufman with an assured use of naturalistic detail to cover the plot hysterics. As with many 1970s films there is a great sense of flowing choreography with neat editing of scene bridges, sound cues and fluid camerawork. In lesser hands this could have been a derivative hack job; instead an intelligent audience pleaser with themes of conspiracy and (if not too fanciful) national meltdown.

10. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Don Seigel's classic being one of the ancestors of the New Hollywood, Kaufman's version isn't timely as much as it is opportunistic. Less subtle than a 50s B-movie or a film by Abel Ferrara, it offers no meaningful update beyond directing that tries too hard to captivate. Like a sequel to Tron made in 2010; it's so obvious, it's useless.

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

A remake of 1956 movie of the same name. If the 1956 version is a sci-fi thriller, then this movie is a sci-fi horror. In my opinion, it's more horror than sci-fi. Although this movie has the same basic storyline, this movie has some different way to tell its story. Like the previous one - it's haunting, thrilling, plus it has an eerie music score. It also has a paranoid feel. Maybe, it's one of the best remake...

12. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

.5+++ for that random human dog si pt sunetu mortii ggwp singuru film in care goldblum nu mi se pare douche, ba chiar simpatic +++ brooke adams e o skumpyk si sutherland mare e un sef, nimic nou

13. Rocco's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

That idiot dog and the un-cinematic warehouse destruction aside, this was really quite effective. Poor, cute, Veronica Cartwright!

14. miles's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

15. Fajar Ibrahim's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

It's one of those horror remakes that actually worked. I still prefer the original, but this one also has the uneasy and quietly frightening quality that other one possessed. That man-faced dog and those screeching though. They're stuff out of nightmares.

16. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

17. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

18. Renton47's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

One of the troubling aspects of Kaufman's approach is the vantage he allows the non-human organisms; the opening, the phone booth, the positively alien score beeping and whirring, all work to suggest that his sympathies are somewhere between his characters and their environment. And why not? The humans flee, but without any reasoned resistance. The fear might be uniformity, but nature makes a compelling argument.

19. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

A lot of films from around this time try to capture the paranoia and cynicism of the post-Watergate 70s, but it took an update of a sci-fi McCarthyism parable to really pull it off. Both a product of its time and completely timeless in portraying the fear that those closest to us aren't who they say they are. And oh, don't fall asleep - those who dream are bound to get screwed. Absolutely brilliant.

20. Meastro0's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

21. ammar's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

22. marco's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

two minutes hate: nineteen eighty-four dystopia

23. Sophia Park's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

This is the pod person version of the original.

24. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Worry leads to fear; fear leads to anxiety; anxiety leads to paranoia. The escalations & transitions are fluid. Difficult to say what is real & what's not? However, aren't we used to live in an atmosphere of worry? Environmental desaster, terror, kidnapping, suicide bombers, madmen, cult fanatics...& why not the arrival of the evil from another planet? This movie masterfully captures these escalations & transitions.