1. FISCHER's rating of the film Involuntary

Cette oeuvre un peu bancale et vacillante, ne reste pas moins fortement bienvenue quant à sa constante causticité, teintée de dérision et d'humour noir, stigmatisant l'inconscience, la bêtise et l'irresponsabilité individuelles face à un collectif inconsistant voire délétère, de récurrentes notions reprises ultérieurement... www.cinefiches.com

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Involuntary

Una película de pulsaciones. Ostlund narra un grupo de historias que tienen como relación la degradación humana en escala, una situación más infame y depravada que la otra. Existe un malestar en el ambiente que envuelve a estas historias, pero curiosamente antecedida por un morbo. Todo sin embargo queda como situaciones cotidianas. Como adicional, curioso cómo el director toma distancia, encuadres y perspectivas.

3. adam's rating of the film Involuntary

4. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Involuntary

The ego of mr. Östlund get's in the way of his films and this is another case of it.

5. doolhof102x81's rating of the film Involuntary

6. Sophie C.'s rating of the film Involuntary

I actually liked this film better than FORCE MAJEURE. Great study of human behaviors infused with dark nordic humor. Shots are perfectly framed.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Involuntary

This goes beyond the "dysfunctional family" film, into the realm of dysfunctional society. And what makes it all the more strange, is how wrong it is, and at the same time, everyone accepts it. Which is really how our world functions, people don't all behave as they should, but we try to go on as if everything is fine. The camerawork accentuates the feeling by shooting dysfucntionally. For fans of our fuckdup world.

8. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Involuntary

9. Aslı Çulsuz's rating of the film Involuntary

10. caroline's rating of the film Involuntary

Thoughtful. Well designed. Controlled. Beautifully framed with great intelligence. The acting overall was excellent and the stories, whilst apparently fragmentary, served to represent various forces shaping contemporary society- it is a sharp critique of mainstream culture & its petty conformity to arbitrary, one might say superficial rules. A good film from a very good director.

11. B Star's rating of the film Involuntary

Each vignette throws the same question of responsibility at the viewer, in different ways: what would YOU do?

12. klofter's rating of the film Involuntary

13. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Involuntary

Hah! And I thought the realm of self-applied moral authorities was a phenomenon only seen in Costa Rica. Now I know better!

14. Eisenoram's rating of the film Involuntary

Brilliantly crafted, beautifully composed. An exceptional character study. I can't wait to see Force Majeure!

15. Matthew Hayes's rating of the film Involuntary

Strange that there are no English subtitles.

16. s1mon81's rating of the film Involuntary

A series of events, viewed from the perspective of a static observer. Some uncomfortable moments, perhaps a bit too uncomfortable in parts, but I think that was the film-maker's intention. Thankfully, it didn't go too sinister as is frequently expected.

17. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Involuntary

Really excellent. I'd not heard of Ostlund until Force Majeure – I love the way he explores the fears of modern, middle-class, Western life.

18. Robert Attard's rating of the film Involuntary

As captivating as it is boring.

19. Vacansoleil's rating of the film Involuntary

An interesting mirror on society and particularly how we act when governed by peer pressure. It's easy for the viewer to judge from the fly on the wall position the fixed camera gives us, but I'm sure many of us can relate to at least a few of the situations highlighted in this film.

20. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film Involuntary

21. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Involuntary

Barbed little thought experiments in which you wait for the bomb.

22. raggiodisole's rating of the film Involuntary

The point of reference here is the fixed camera. Whatever else it does, it just leaves us gawping at the behaviour of other people;, not involved, not concerned, just staring. Some vague themes were apparent; mans attitude to woman, the nature of control, how age defines behaviour. But the overall feeling most of the time was being somewhere I did not feel comfortable to be

23. 'king Harold's rating of the film Involuntary

Not seen anything quite like this before, there's an intelligence to it that is beyond me, I found it fascinating and very easy to watch despite a slight feeling of dread that violence would occur at any moment.

24. George Sealey's rating of the film Involuntary

The still camera leaves time to reflect on the characters and to a better understanding of the human psyche. A showing of the sub-conscious power of group mentality. The ending showing we are all part of the human group, whether we like it or not.