1. DrFirestone's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

What I enjoyed most was Ip Chun's part (Ip Man's son), it was a great idea! He amazingly out-did the rest of the actors, he's a true legend. I practice Wing Chun and noticed Sammo Hung fighting style during his sequence was not Wing Chun and his role was Ip Man's Sifu... The plot was rather silly, B grade acting. Definitely the other two Ip Man films are better.

2. lostlevel's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

I'm always a little sceptical or prequels but the fights scenes were very impressive. I can accept the plot but at certain points the way it was shot bothered me. Still it was a fun watch and certainly has made me want to see the Donnie Yen films.

3. Pendar Gh's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

brilliant movie, very good actors, very surprising end, main actors' skills are amazing, perfect fight scenes, very deep and philosophical scenes about questioning honour, patience, ambition, love, friendship.

4. raggiodisole's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Great the story of Ip Man may be, what we are served here is a poor facsimile, B-grade production, limply told story, and tedious chop-socky. A real shame, I expected more

5. svenrufus's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Well, that wasn't needed at all. A mediocre film, much contrivance, clunky acting and over-dramatisation spoiling what I've enjoyed in the other Ip Man films.

6. stair_well's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Predictable martial arts tropes. Guff.

7. bcdcdude's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Quite entertaining, although nothing amazing. Ip Man was quite likeable and the martial arts was great to watch (although bloodless after watching The Raid 2!)

8. Dominique Lefebvre's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

9. James Dunn's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Pretty bad. Unbelievable plot, poor performances; it's only brief saving grace is Ip Chun (not an actor) out-acting all the actors.

10. Matt Whitehead's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

11. Alan Butler's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

12. PasKel's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

filming of fight scenes really poor, camera whizzing around like crazy. corny romance story, not saved by fighting choreography...

13. Anita G's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Great fight sequences but some dodgy acting and period details. I thought the constant camera movement was a real distraction but that may have been exacerbated by trying to read subtitles as well.

14. HKFanatic's rating of the film Ip Man Zero

Despite the title, this is not a prequel to the Donnie Yen films. You might be expecting a lazy cash-in as a result but "The Legend is Born - Ip Man" is surprisingly adequate. Dennis To is a bit flat and unemotional in the lead role but supporting turns from martial arts legends like Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao help color the film, and the action choreography from Tony Leung Siu Hung ("Bloodmoon") is top notch.