1. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Iris

Quite delicate portrait of the character and, surprisingly, a very intense tale of sublimated consumerism, furious individuality, obsessive collecting and enduring love. Cleverly told and with a vivid narrative arc. Just lovely.

2. biancamotta's rating of the film Iris

3.5 "I like individuality. It’s so lost these days. There’s so much sameness. Everything is homogenized."

3. JCPJD's rating of the film Iris

I was told this was an uplifting story about an indomitable spirit...but I thought she was a bit dull. Like many in the fashion industry (where I sometimes ply my trade) she's just another self-centred, apolitical social gadfly. Yeah, she's old. But people are getting older, big deal. The film didn't 'go' anywhere. We just follow her doing her thing without much revelation. Unimportant.

4. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Iris

I love fashion and it was interesting to dip into Iris Apfel's life and clothes and see how she creates stunning outfits and a very distinctive style, colourful and fun. An inspiration although I would not dare wear such extravagant combinations and colours...

5. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Iris

"I never felt pretty. I don't feel pretty now. I'm not a pretty person. I don't like pretty."

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Iris

7. Ruth Gilbert's rating of the film Iris

sweet film. good for a rake round her vast collections.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Iris

My life is now complete.

9. truffraud's rating of the film Iris

if i grow up to be like iris i'll know my life turned out well.

10. Arunee Sarasetsiri's rating of the film Iris

If Iris and Carl's relationship doesn't warm your heart I don't know what will.

11. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Iris

An intriguing doc about someone who dedicated their life to being original, only to have all their admirers be completely unoriginal in their own lives and admiration. I don't know, that was a pretty up my own ass sentence there. Hmm. I liked it. I was drinking a lot of bourbon too, so that may have played a part. But yeah, this woman rules.

12. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Iris

A fun documentary on a great American eccentric, the film's light touch brings together meditations on art, age, and enthusiasm. A true delight.

13. Ioana Șomănescu's rating of the film Iris

Genuinely insane in the best kind of way !

14. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Iris

15. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Iris

Fashion and individuality embodied by an uncommon icon. A portrait that shows a woman, not the icon she represents, driven by passion in her life.

16. miles's rating of the film Iris

17. Diane's rating of the film Iris

18. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Iris

Un filme destinado para la cultura fashion. Inevitable no relacionarla con "Grey gardens", película de la que no tiene nada que ver, salvo que es lo opuesto. Aquí la protagonista, igual de longeva, no es para nada decadente, sino todo lo contrario. Hay una vigencia de este personaje, una que incluso para estar en su gran momento de valoración. Maysles poco le interesa humanizar. Se inclina más al perfil mundano.

19. Marta's rating of the film Iris

20. Kyra W's rating of the film Iris

Certain to warm even the most unfashionable hearts.

21. Nerviosismo's rating of the film Iris

22. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film Iris

Retrato documental de Iris Apfel, la encarnación misma del talento, la excentricidad, estilo, y vitalidad, quien a sus 93 años, y con una carrera detrás como decoradora de interiores y experta en modas, se revela como una mujer sencilla y con los pies en la tierra.

23. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Iris