1. Oerd Xhemollari's rating of the film Ironweed

Another remarkable performance of them (one of the Streep`s best in my opinon). Such naturally treated.♥

2. Ian Fitzgerald's rating of the film Ironweed

how does something with jack nicholson and meryl streep as leads suck so much

3. correy baldwin's rating of the film Ironweed

A surprisingly sensitive and sympathetic portrait of poverty. No pity and no romanticizing, though also no analysis of the structures that create poverty. Excellent film, but too long. Jack Nicholson is great, Meryl Streep is even better, and nice to have Tom Waits there, too.

4. Meg's rating of the film Ironweed

Great acting, but it didn't really touch me. The subject and the themes that are approached are interesting, but i feel it could have gotten much more out of them.

5. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Ironweed

Hector Babenco's IRONWEED is a strange piece of work. It features strong performances by Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep, but this tale of a schizophrenic bum trying to piece his life back together during the Great Depression takes some odd detours in Nicholson's stagey hallucinations of ghosts from his past. A collection of strong moments that never add up to a satisfying whole.

6. Algitya's rating of the film Ironweed

Even Nicholson and Streep dominates in it, all.my eyes goes to sicky Tom Waits. Nice Set

7. Espen Nomedal's rating of the film Ironweed

Jack Nicholson plays a bum with a shadowy past that keeps giving him surprises in this New York Depression-era visualisation. This film gives great attention to characters whom all share a lack of faith in themselves besides a certain financial difficulty to cope with in the everyday. They're nicely directed, but it seems to me that director Babenco settles for less when my empathy is about the only thing he's after.