1. ssia22's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

It was... interesting. Made me think a lot of my teenage experiences. But there were some things I couldn't quite understand.

2. kiras's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

2.five-hundred-reasons-to-have-your-guard-up-as-a-teenage-girl

3. Mtume Gant's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Boys are awful. What a document needed about the roughness young women deal with in our modern male dominated hyper-sexualized culture 4.5

4. b/k's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

5. Noli Manaig's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Not many films portray the theme of sexual initiation with such insight and compassion, even fewer come from the female perspective. Discreet & unhistrionic in its approach to teenage dynamics, the protagonist here wears the ill-fitting mask of sexual willingness and maturity amid the promptings of peer influence & biology. This bildungsroman interrogates her on the threshold of a fraught rite of passage.

6. amysimpson's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

slow moving and a bit lacking of substance maybe?

7. lostlevel's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

I admit from time to time I like a little more drama, this film rather than play things up for drama rather some quiet tragedies occur. Not everything is explained so we can hazard a guess, which I think is better than some of the more exploitative movies in similar territory. I think it handled the themes well but this movie isn't for everyone it's a bit of a slow burn.

8. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

I am always surprised by the instincts of filmmakers who use the beauty and instincts of young actors to fashion patient, real, and honest films. This is a terrific example: sensuous and stylish, touching on the uncertainties of adolescent sexual awakening and anxiety, which can be confused with or replace love. The father relationship here is key. Gina Piersanti is a natural presence and no doubt will be a star.

9. mkramerl's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

This is a solid four (for me). I think the weak story is intentional. The perspective is from a lonely and impressionable teenage girl. As an adult, I see that perspective as tenuous and inexperienced, which is what is portrayed. The existential quality here can make the film boring or interesting depending on whether the viewer can sympathize with the lead. As others have remarked, gorgeous cinematography.

10. sarah simka's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Captures an era really well.

11. Nan Bauer's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

A lot of talent here, especially Sean Porter, the DP. As others have mentioned, beautifully shot. Young Gina Piersanti does a nice job. I'll keep an eye on Eliza Hittman; I found this one compelling and frustrating. Not perfect, but it'll stick in my head.

12. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Nicely shot. Lila's character is superb, however the Story is without anticipation. Would have made a nice short.

13. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

three and a half. lead actor Gina is wonderful. resonated. loneliness - summer - young womanhood

14. Marcos F.'s rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Great cinematography, unconvincing script and performances.

15. Matt Price's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

One of the reasons movies are movies is because watching real life would be boring. Some movies do it right, but this one didn't grab me. Well framed shots and good presentation can only go so far...

16. Izzy Gramp's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

I want to give it 4 stars, rather then 3, since it felt like a feature length vignette, rather then a traditional movie. The cinematography was great, and holyshit... I've been that awkward teen, so much, it sucks. The film captures that REALLY well. Not a fun movie to watch, but defiantly interesting & honest.

17. ricardoetatto's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Lo mejor es esta película son las actuaciones, aunque el tema y las motivaciones de sus protagonistas no llegan a convencer del todo al presentar un ansia sexual forzada y poco natural. Sin embargo, uno puede entender las situaciones y ser empático con la sexualidad durante la adolescencia, aunque un poco malencaminada y perturbadora.

18. Raúl Silva Gómez's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Recordé un viaje que hice a Oaxaca hace 3 años. El remolino de experimentación sexual y energía adolescente del que me sentí excluido. Deseando a la vez habitar ese mundo solo para descubrir que no eres bienvenido. El ansia de pertenecer. Solo "Un mundo secreto" de Gabriel Mariño me había hecho sentir así. BONUS: "1999" es un gran mixtape, hombre.

19. Megan McDermott's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

20. Sheena's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Some nice close shots that reinforces that feeling of being uncomfortable (protagonist and spectator). An interesting portrayal of adolescence.

21. Charlie's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Me aburrió un poco. La historia es muy lenta y no llamó mi atención. Me recordó un poco a Stealing Beauty con Liv Tyler pero sin la belleza ni poesía de esa película.

22. msmichel's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

The most memorable miserable moments of adolescence are captured by Eliza Hittman's strong and slowly devastating film. The awkwardness; the esteem issues; the humiliations...of trying to fit in and find one's own self. Gina Piersanti is excellent here amongst a cast of amateurs in a well focused and well constructed film that bodes hope for future efforts from the director.

23. mpho3's rating of the film It Felt Like Love

Shot in a lovely soft focus,"It Felt Like Love seductively conjures a moment when trying on identities can be a fast track to self-knowledge. Or self-destruction." (Jeanette Catsoulis, NY Times) The disturbing thing is we know this happens - desperate young girls, desperate women. 3.5 stars

24. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film It Felt Like Love