1. DenoResandono's rating of the film It Happened One Night

I must admit that IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT is funny, exciting, and entertaining. This movie is one of the great screwball comedy out there. It's a solid romance-comedy. Led by Clark Gable's charismatic performance and Claudette Colbert's charming performance. Frank Capra also succeed to give a good presentation. But when I watched it, I just felt "ordinary" with this movie. Maybe my expectation was too high...

2. Ethan's rating of the film It Happened One Night

This is an exceptional comedy and one of the greatest of all time. Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert had excellent chemistry and top that all off with Capra's optimistic and heartwarming view of America and its open roads and you've got one of the very first road pictures and screwball comedies.

3. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film It Happened One Night

4. -REM-'s rating of the film It Happened One Night

5. FISCHER's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Chef-d'oeuvre de la comédie américaine, un film extrêmement subtil et d'une drôlerie débordante, une caractéristique de bien des réalisations du cinéaste... www.cinefiches.com

6. AugusteB's rating of the film It Happened One Night

7. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Cute, funny, charming. Best romantic comedy movie I've ever watched.

8. Sara Sousa's rating of the film It Happened One Night

9. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film It Happened One Night

10. truffraud's rating of the film It Happened One Night

half-watched in class, deserves a rewatch

11. João Rocha's rating of the film It Happened One Night

What a cute non predictable love couple

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film It Happened One Night

13. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film It Happened One Night

14. dianadhm's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Probably the rawest Clark Gable. Underrated.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Hasn't aged that well, but hey, back in 1934, this must have been quite the baller movie.

16. Drew Kelly's rating of the film It Happened One Night

It's crazy how a moment of bliss can commute through 80+ years and make me feel as happy as the characters here. You know of which scene I speak. In the era of teacup dramas this one stands out.

17. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film It Happened One Night

4.5 - "The walls of jericho are falling down"

18. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Pure delight, helped by a sharp script and immaculate performances. There's a wonderful sense of space to the piece: no scenes seem rushed, even in the final act. Instead, the drama relies purely on the quality of interaction and in this respect the acting/reacting between Colbert and Gable is mesmerising, helped along by a range of delightful cameos across the board.

19. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film It Happened One Night

I throughly enjoyed this, many laugh out loud moments!

20. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film It Happened One Night

In some ways a thoroughly modern road movie. In others, a good old fashioned Hollywood romance. Capra can be a bit schmaltzy for me, but I think this time independence and following your dreams wins out.

21. The Heff's rating of the film It Happened One Night

Fantastic comedy, great performances from gable and colbert...a really enjoyable, afternoon watch...recommended.

22. Francesca Gavin's rating of the film It Happened One Night

23. Felicity Green's rating of the film It Happened One Night

A heartwarming, droll and engaging romantic comedy road movie. We warm to the cantankerous, headstrong and witty leads as they warm to each other. Other reviewers complaining of misogyny are perhaps missing the ironical tone of the script. In any case, Ellen is hardly a shrinking violet and the paternalistic and sexist attitudes she chafes against seem plausible in a 1930s context.

24. fauna's rating of the film It Happened One Night

a total goof ball rom com, but so good! A lovely one for day offs, or sundays! I really enjoyed it

← Previous 1 3 4 5