1. Stein Ove Lien's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

3. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

I keep watching Dolan's movies and disliking them all

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Lyricism and close-ups. The Artist as witness and catalyst. Strongly recommended.

5. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

6. starless's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

7. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Dolan's drama, including a lot of yelling. Movie has its dynamic sorrow hidden in colors. The mood in this made me feel the exact feeling of crying in silence and use of music supported that.

8. Diderot's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

It may be Dolan's weakest film, but that's not saying much, because it's still stronger than most. What's most admirable about him is that he's always experimenting with different versions or possibilities of his own style, and I have a deep affinity with anyone who sees the emotional potential in "The Numa Numa Song."

9. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

10. Carambotti's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Every family has its ticks. This one is hyper expressive. Except for the lead, who can't quite say his truth at this gathering, after a twelve year absence. Lots of close in shots, dim lighting, interior spaces. Why do some families stay together? Why do some members leave and others remain? Xavier Dolan got panned for this film. Something about book to screen failure. I just see him flexing.

11. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Dolan once told me that he finds writing dialogue really easy, and the banter between his characters is always a strength in his works. However, here I'm interested in what's not said, the few moments of silence—all that exists outside this very verbose film.

12. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

13. FCC 86's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

"We think silent people are good listeners. But I shut up so people leave me alone"

14. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

16. Phat Nguyen's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

I'm really into this film because of its strong cinematic language with a lot of beautiful and also meaningful scenes. The story unfolds sophisticatedly scene by scene based on its theatrical origin. The final act moved me with such a beautiful final scene and a great job of lightning. Although many people judge this as a flop of Xavier Dolan, I see this is one of the best of his works until then.

17. Joe Hackman's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Pas le meilleur Dolan mais un film qui est plein des idées... la performance de Cassell est trop mais les autres joueurs sont impeccables.

18. patríciapinho's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

19. ooming's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

dolan has really developed imo. i see why some people found it boring / had something negative to say but i really enjoyed this film. (edited / seen, 15th may 17)

20. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Maybe the word prodigy is a used a little bit too loosely with this guy?

21. Lance L O T's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

I had high hopes about this film as a possibility of being a very good movie, but in the end it becomes a very well shot film about a typical story of coming back to reveal the harshest of truths. The mise-en-scéne is well done but not enough to make it great, even though the great female characters play very well. It's quite predictable in its scenes and in its plot unfolding.

22. ashtraygirl's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

I spent 1,5 hour to watch ppl screaming at each other shot in a very beautiful way??????? Also poor choices of soundtracks but who am I to judge????

23. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Much like "Forrest Gump," this is a film that I can certainly say I liked, but completely understand why it divides people. It's not a perfect film, with many uncomfortable exchanges and an overuse of monologues. Despite that, I got a kick out watching the characters and their histories being dissected. Maybe it's Lagrace's unique writing style, or maybe it's the talent and chemistry of the cast. It just hooked me.

24. moniquekidman's rating of the film It’s Only the End of the World

Loud, ridiculous, and irritating. While some of the performances are nice and the constant close-ups appropriately aid the film's restrictive nature, everything on display here takes itself too seriously and is mostly expected (cue the trite symbolic weather).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7